City Dawn This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. This work has won the Teen Ink contest in its category.

the city stretches,
stiff-limbed.
it spent the night
scrubbing yesterday’s dirt
out of its palms.
pavements yawning.
they exhale gentle puffs
of cigarette smoke
with every breath.
another cloud
rises
to the skies
each second.
it’s almost morning.
each building turns
its concrete skull to the sky –
every roof anticipates
the golden globe’s
glorious resurrection –
for the canvas to prepare itself.
the seeds of the day are yet to sprout.
the city watches the dawn bloom,
waiting for the day to begin.

This work has won the Teen Ink contest in its category. This piece won the January 2016 Teen Ink Poetry Contest.

writer-violistThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I think that this poem is great! I feel the emotion and see the imagery. Also, your point gets across. I like the line spacing. I did notice though that "pavements yawning" had a period after that. Was it supossed to be like that or was it supposed to be a comma? If it's supposed to be like that, then great! That's right were it's supposed to be. Great, great job. Please keep writing and God bless!

Thefanatasticagirlie101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Beautiful. Just beautiful. I now really want to visit London.

ElisaTheDuckThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 27, 2015 at 9:23 am
THIS. IS, AMAZING. I love it, especially the first stanza. Great job!