Memories of my Brother II This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

We sat up late

Counting the night out into studs

And splinters

I said I could count to 300

Because it was the biggest number I could think of

You never beleived me

Because, at six, you knew that

My three-year-old body was not old enough to hold

All those digits

You made shadow puppets

On the walls

And I cowered from the wolves of your fingers

And their jaws and their vices

Afraid that they'd crawl through me

Leaving maggot holes

All those summer nights now see to merge

Like time was young enough

And fractional enough

Not to follow the rules

And I tented under my duvet cover

And believed that

To sit up late

Was to break the law

ItsTimeToBeginThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 12:17 pm
Out of all the poems and stories you've written, I love this one the most.

LeisurelySketchesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 3 at 12:20 pm
A very down to earth, realistic and beautifully simple poem about childhood memories. I liked the fact that it has not been elaborated, but kept simple, which makes it a fantastic piece of work.

mereCatThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 10 at 1:53 am
thank you for your very kind words!