I'll never be the pretty girl. | Teen Ink

I'll never be the pretty girl.

By Dillie PLATINUM, New Bethelehem, Pennsylvania
Dillie PLATINUM, New Bethelehem, Pennsylvania

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." - Heraclitus

Oh he'd date you he said,
But I guess he's talking to a prettier girl.
A prettier girl.

Do you have deep conversations about life and religion like you do with me,
With the prettier girl?

Do my ice blue and green eyes not put your head in a whirl,
Like the prettier girl?

Do your light brown eyes make the whole world stop,
For the prettier girl?

"She's so pretty,
I'll text her even if she won't reply,"
You spew from the lips beneath your brown eyes.

Speak in tongues,
Make my spine tingle.
I guess only cigarettes,
Give you excuses to mingle.

That_Writer_Girl BRONZE, White Plains, New York

“You do not write your life with words...You write it with actions. What you think is not important. It is only important what you do.”
― Patrick Ness, A Monster Calls

“Here's what I think," I say and my voice is stronger and thoughts are coming, thoughts that trickle into my noise like whispers of truth. "I think maybe everybody falls," I say. "I think maybe we all do. And I don't think that's the asking."
I pull on her arms gently to make sure she's listening.
"I think the asking is whether we get back up again.”
― Patrick Ness, The Knife of Never Letting Go

That happened to one of my stories! I typed in the title as "Aaron's Backpack". But when I looked and saw it had been posted online it had that thing instead with the combination of numbers and symbols. I think there's a problem when you use apostrophes in the titles. They really should fix it. :/ I really loved your poem!It was beautiful. Great job.

on Sep. 15 2015 at 10:26 am

weird, I typed " I & # 3 9 ; l l " without spaces to say that is how "I'll" is showing up in the comment, and after it posted it looked normal? Is there something wrong with this site?

on Sep. 15 2015 at 10:24 am

I don't know why, but when I submitted this the title was "I'll never be the pretty girl" and now it's showing up published as "I'll". That is very disrespectful to my work. I would never submit anything with a title like that, how can I talk to the editors? This is atrocious.

on Sep. 15 2015 at 4:04 am
Katyaini SILVER, Greater Noida, Other

Life is like a chocolate covered chilly....

Some succeed because they're destined to;
Most succeed because they're determined too

True.... some guys just go for the outer looks, this makes me feel like downing a knife down their throats but seems like you've taken a noble approach... gotta learn something from you there. Keep Writing, loved this one.