Alligator This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

There are
crocodile eggs
at the basin of
my sink
smiling up at me
with pointy teeth
and snapping tooth
jaws like diamonds
and missing eyeballs.
I glare at them
with eyes shut
and fingerbeds open,
showing my cat scratches
and sugargliders.
They converse in my
head
and I shoot endless
water and spit at
them full of nonalcoholic
beverages and flaring nostrils.
For I will become their pet
in no time and
perhaps nothing
but Batman
could save me.

JCG14 said...
Jul. 2, 2010 at 10:34 pm:
I love the viewpoint and the word play is great! Awesome poem!

Jesicamethyst said...
May 15, 2010 at 12:17 pm:

I like how the meaning of this poem isn't obivious and it's wonderfully random ( Batman?) and simple.

Awesome poem.

thesouth_star This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 18, 2010 at 8:58 am :

Thank you for the kind comment. 

Batman was a reference to my boyfriend at the time I wrote it. 

iridescentbubbles This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 15, 2010 at 11:53 am:
I've been reading poems on this website all day and this is the best one I've come across so far! Absolutely beautiful. I like the interplay between beautiful and ugly images, like "diamonds / and missing eyeballs " - such an interesting dichotomy! I would love if you would check out some of my work: http ://www.teenink .com /search.php?smodel=article&s_title=&s_body=&s_screenname=iridescentbubbles&s_firstname=&s_lastname=&s_city=&s_state=&... (more »)

Feb. 17, 2010 at 5:58 pm :
I would love to read some of your work! Thank you so much for your comment. I wrote this two years ago, and it's still one of my favorites.

TaylorMarieD said...
This is beautiful. I can't help feeling that the crocodile eggs represent something that you now have control over, that you raised or created, but that you know will soon consume you.
:)

Zero_K This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love it. Part of what makes it great is that it's hard to understand, so there's a million ways to interpret it. Bravo!
-Blessed Be!
+++ZERO+++

aydenblack This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 7, 2009 at 1:00 am:
I like this a lot.
It is simple, but cryptic and abstruse.
And this is just a guess, but I'd like to try to determine it's hidden meaning.
Is is about self-mutilation?

Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:39 am :
It is not about self mutilation. It's literally about the day when I wrote it. I can't really go in depth about it, I wrote it two years ago, but I've always liked the poem myself. hahah.
Thanks for the comment! :)