I just want to be loved | Teen Ink

I just want to be loved

By ThePoeticJustice PLATINUM, Houston, Texas
ThePoeticJustice PLATINUM, Houston, Texas

Hold fast and keep your head up high for life will pass right by you like a speeding bird if you don't acknowledge it- Charles Moorer III (me)

Do you think it's right for me to feel this way?
For me to feel the excessive baggage of life as if Its entire burden were mine to carry?
As if the word love were nothing but a word rather than a form of living and something that I've always aspired to fall into once the moment was right?
Maybe not, but I do, I feel as if the ground sinks when I walk by, seeing those in relationships form a bond stronger than I could ever replicate with my computer, smoother than I could ever re-make with my words.

Jealous.
Not really, just wishing for the luck, I yearn for there to be a form of love inside my heart, replacing the lust with its original emotion.
I long for infatuation, I wish for a kiss, wish for a bowl of cherries with whipped cream on top to be the way I live. But I whatever else I wish can wait until I figure out what I want.

And what I want is to just be loved.

I'm tired. That's it

on Sep. 22 2015 at 9:44 am

thx PA lol I intend ta respond to you right now lol thank you for reading

on Sep. 14 2015 at 2:50 pm
PoeticAtheist SILVER, Durham, North Carolina

"I go to seek a great perhaps."

CJ, you are amazing. Your level of talent is truly something I aspire to have. So many thoughts and ideas bounce around everywhere when I read this that all together create a picturesque image. The one thing that really stood out to me was that you turned the phrase "falling in love" inside-out. It has such a greater meaning when you turn the expected into the unexpected. Thank you so much for gracing us with this piece. keep writing