My five minutes of retreat

Oh, this darkness! How comfortable it feels,
all my sorrows, it so benignly heals.
Enveloping me, in so comforting an embrace,
it wipes away my fear to dare and to face.
I listen to the music of dripping water,
washing away all the wounds I bore;
as the grit and gore get washed away,
I feel as if I'd bloomed just the day before.

Suddenly, a knock penetrates my retreat,
bringing the ground back under my feet;
my time with dark was finally done,
so helpless, I switch on the light.
Watching the haven I'd spun,
wither away from my sight.

I wince as the light highlights my scar,
feel myself get extinguished of power;
Alas, the truth had to be faced,
All the comfort, was wisps of smoke I’d chased…

Sen007 said...
Aug. 25, 2016 at 11:49 am
Words are not enough to comment on the depth and feelings associated with this poetry....

RajaviMishraThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 11, 2016 at 12:43 am
I could see some in-depth thinking over there.. Great work Katyaini.. I hope you ll like mine too.. Here is a link to my poem "unfinished entwining"- TeenInk.com/poetry/ballad/article/908777/The-Unfinished-Entiwining/ Feel free to give your views.. Thanks buddy.. And yeah I have some more work out there.. around 10 more articles.. Feel free to read them.. Thanks

KatyainiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
@RajaviMishra thanks. Your piece was really good.

Sara_Ali said...
Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:45 am
It's Awesome. Can You please visit mine and rate & comment there? :)

They're really nice, thanks for sharing

HammadWaseemThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Thats awesome! @Katyaini btw will you check, rate and comment on my teen ink video named,"The Unbeatable Breakdancer"? :) :)

Sept. 13, 2015 at 1:04 am
thanks.... I'll check it now and leave a reply too :)

BabyWidow said...
I love this I understand this I can relate to this. I would want to hear more poetry bye you.

Sept. 10, 2015 at 9:46 am
Thanks a lot, @BabyWidow I very much appreciate your reading this.