Who Knows What Its Like | Teen Ink

Who Knows What Its Like

By Believer17 SILVER, River Rouge, Michigan
Believer17 SILVER, River Rouge, Michigan

Who knows what it’s like to battle that monster called depression. You try your hardest to find something to be happy about and in the blink of an eye, it all fades away. Everything in your life can be going right, and you could have everything you have ever wanted, but it simply just isn’t enough and nothing works. You try to look at how great your life is, but then that monster keeps comes up behind you knocks you down and you don’t know how to get up. It’s like a constant struggle and you try everything, I mean everything you can think of and nothing works, and then you just want to give up because you don’t know what to do. Who knows what it’s like? Then out of nowhere, you find yourself sinking in a hole and you can’t pull yourself. It just gets deeper and deeper until you are suffocating, and you can’t breathe. The more you pull yourself out and cover the hole, it just keeps taking. It won’t leave you alone. Who knows what is like? Suddenly all of things that once make you happy don’t, and it’s just so hard to get through the day. All the things that made you happy that you use to beat the monster doesn’t work. Who knows what it’s like? And I have one question, who knows what to do because I don’t. My hole just gets deeper and deeper and I can’t manage to dig myself out of this one.

Depression is something I know all to well, and I know there are others who know this feeling as well. You are not alone!

Thank you so much!

AMB89 said...
I relate to everything you are saying. I too have gone through the struggles of depression. It can be very hard. But don't give up! You have the strength to pull through it. Believe me, you have so much to give, so much more life to live! I hope you find true happiness! Keep writing!