Mutiny | Teen Ink

Mutiny

By langgg_ PLATINUM, Columbia, Maryland
langgg_ PLATINUM, Columbia, Maryland

to give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift- Steve Prefontaine

The picture was originally black. Black with sin. Black with sadness, the sadness brought the tears, bringing the blue onto the canvas. Tears are stereotypically a negative thing, but tears actually cleanse. They brought out some emotion that washed away some of the blackness.
Now there was a black canvas with blue swirls from the cleansing tears brought by her emotions. Her picture wasn’t finished, though. Not with such dark, gloomy colors making her up. As time passed, more blue filled the space, washing away the black and soon there were hints of other colors. White and a mixture of yellow and orange and red seeped onto her canvas. The white, an extension of the blue, but the yellow being an addition of its own. Something new was brought into her life; something bright and open and free. Maybe a new thing or a new person or maybe a new perspective.
The picture was originally black, but with tears and time color seeped in taking over her canvas.

This was inspired by a picture I was shown and I was thinking of what could have inspired the picture and what it could represent.