Maliit Paruparo

Unnoticed,
unseen,
unheard.

Yet I noticed you.

I know how you feel,
little butterfly
flying on the shores

of the beach,
of the lake
that I'm facing;

I know how you feel.

To be seemingly stuck
in the middle
of feet walking on sands;

Silver in the gold light,
and small
as you fly under feet.

It's what I've felt as a child.

You seem to be stuck
in the middle;
I know that familiar feeling.

Yet you fly,
despite people
walking on top of you.

I need to fly,
fly even when
people walk on top of me.

I need to be like you.

Tall,
seen,
and heard;
flying
and not stuck.

Nightingale74 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 3, 2015 at 11:08 am
Beautiful poem Emily! I loved reading it, and I felt that I could relate quite a bit. I always love seeing your work up on Teen Ink! :)

EmilytheBelleofA. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you, @Nightingale74. Thank you so much for it means a lot. :)

Guise said...
Just a friendly note on the title: In Tagalog, depending on the last letter of the modifier, you ought to attach either a "-ng" or insert a "na" between the modifier and the element it modifies. In this case, a "na" between "maliit" and "paru-paro" is required, thus making it "Maliit na paru-paro". If the modifier ended in a vowel, then we would add a -ng, e.g. "Griyego(ng) manunulat" (Greek writer) A pleasant read nonetheless! :)

Thank you so much, @Guise. I have only started writing a little bit in Tagalog, so you telling me this helps me very much. I will remember what you said. Thank you for helping me, and thank you for reading my poem and commenting. :)