Do Not Disturb

Do not disturb me.

I am dying.

We should have known

Not to fiddle with love.

Broken heart strings say,

“This is it.

We didn’t plan

For the falling and crying.”

It’s so quiet now, save

For our screaming hearts and minds.

The end has come.

Now that  I know what the price is,

I don’t want to pay.

I don’t want to pay,

Now that I know what the price is.

The end has come

For our screaming hearts and minds.

It’s so quiet now, save

For the falling and crying.

We didn’t plan;

This is it.

Broken heart strings say

Not to fiddle with love.

We should have known.

I am dying.

Do not disturb me.

Apology This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is actually incredibly impressive. Certainly one of the best poems I've seen here, in emotion, rhyme, and form. Good job, Avenge!

BlanishCoffee said...
Aug. 26, 2015 at 11:55 am
Fricking Amazing! That's all I can say

PoeticAtheist said...
Everything about you is just perfection. Thank you for sharing

elycavill This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 15, 2015 at 6:56 am
It truly is great, the way it is written can be compared to life, and it is really touching piece.!

RobotPenn.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 12, 2015 at 10:18 am
Friggin gorgeous, as always! I'm really impressed in how you could reverse it. It just shows how much work you put into these. My favorite line I think is the one that says "It's so quiet now". Ugh, those four words and my gut gets wrenched open. I loved it! :)

ThePoeticJustice said...
wow. now I know you said you could relate to my work, but man oh man, I can relate to yours. this line in particular "The end has come For our screaming hearts and minds. It’s so quiet now, save For the falling and crying. " just wow.

SilverLiner said...
Jul. 21, 2015 at 11:46 am
whoa! Haven't been here in a while, but I'm pleased that i am now - this poem is breathtaking! Truly amazing what you did. Haven't really read many poems that brilliantly do what you did with the forwards/backwards bit. *thumbs up*

ConsalvatorThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
AGH The format is brilliant! I love poems that can be read forwards and back and still retain meaning. Excellent job, and eloquent as always! Really, I have no negative comment, this is amazing!

Hanban12 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow, I love the whole concept of this poem, how you can read it backwards and forwards and it still makes perfect sense. I've only seen something like this done a few times, and you really rocked it with this piece. Wonderful job, I read it more than twice to grasp the full effect. Keep writing!