But It's a Perfect World | Teen Ink

But It's a Perfect World

June 30, 2015
By emmyreturns_ BRONZE, Wattsburg, Pennsylvania
emmyreturns_ BRONZE, Wattsburg, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"The sole meaning of life is to serve humanity."
-Leo Tolstoy


I sit in the warm, hot sand. The breeeze of the waves rolling in nips at my cheeks and makes them a pale pink. THe hot sun is beating down and making my whole body hot, red, and burnt. I  can feel the hurt it is causing me, yet, I feel relieved, for the hurt I am feeling is good. As I sit in the sand, I feel quite lonely. I am the only one at the beach on this nice, refreshing summer day. I begin to question were everyone else is, and slowly let the idea ponder from my mind. As I enjoy this beach, I do not miss my busy life. I do not miss the fighting, work, hurt, and other great, horrible things the world has. As I sit there and stare at the bright sea, it begins fading...what is happening? Am I dying? 

 

 

I wake up with the biggest smile on my face, but I miss my perfect, little world.


The author's comments:

I was inspired to write this piece because everyone always feels like there isnt a getaway, that they cant be happy. Truth is, you just have to be willing to do all of that hard work to get to YOUR perfect, little world.