No Vacancy

No vacancy.
My apologies.
For every room on my body is inhabited
by lies and dreams that never broke through to reality.
I wish it was easy
to give you the key to Room 302, but it’s already occupied
by the one that introduced me to adulthood.
Room 146? The maid hasn’t gotten around to
cleaning out the memories of the previous guest
who christened my naïve lips.
Maybe Room 410 or 412, you ask? The fingertip suites?
Sorry, but they’re already interlocked with another’s.
Once again, I apologize.
No vacancy.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

hwoodruff98 said...
Apr. 12 at 10:47 pm
Wow, the extended metaphor in this was beautiful; I really enjoyed it. The poem flowed nicely, and I thought the "Sorry, not sorry" tone of it was fantastic. The voice of the speaker so accurately combined with the extended metaphor to show someone who is tired of opening up to people and being hurt/doesn't have the desire to let someone else into her life. All in all, this was very well-written.

JtatsuThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 24, 2015 at 9:28 am
Wow, I really liked your poem. Comparing your body to a hotel was incredibly creative, and the pacing was very well done.

ellwist said...
Aug. 22, 2015 at 7:40 am
I think this poem is one of the few that could've benefited from being longer--I really wanted to see you stretch the history of this hotel metaphor-thing, describing all the rooms left abandoned with wet stains on the bed and broken vases, but reading this alone was lovely on its own. Great job!

The_NavigatorThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is beautiful, really enjoyed reading this and I hope you continue your work! :) ~ Free :)(;

Just_A_UsernameThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Thanks! I glad you think that, it means a lot!

Just_A_UsernameThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 13, 2015 at 8:38 am
*I'm (sorry)

AvengeMyBrokenSong said...
This is amazing! I'm so glad you are gracing us all with your talent, thank you:)

Thanks so much!

BeilaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oh, my gosh, I LOVE THIS!!! So much!!! Wow, the concept, the pacing, the slant rhyme, the word choice, the everything is so clever and powerful! Wow, I truly am so excited that I found this poem. It's brilliant.