When I am Dead This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

When I am dead, my dearest, don’t stick my bones
together with Scotch tape. Do not try to fit them
underneath a frame. Use them, one by one,
as a weapon, a gavel. My bones,
they can be good back scratchers, honey mixers,
and hands of clocks.

You can toss them across space
and see how far they’ll glide until another hand
slips across it. When I am dead, dearest,
thread my bones to the top of a mountain.

The next time you arrive at a glass sea,
spill it boldly. Spell your life in two parts,
watch them float until they descend
like a weight down into that container.

Albert P. said...
You truly are a great writer:) I love the inhumanity, love, and somewhat humor in this poem:D

Brebre95 said...
this is ah-mazing. u have a real tallent.

neenee111 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow this poem is great! Your feelings through this poem is very deep. Love it!

the-optimist said...
I love love love this poem it is so beautifully written!

Jasmine13 said...
wow!!i love this poem it's very good.it almost made me cry it was so good.seriously keep up the work your truly good.i love this peom it's my number 1 fav on here out of them all.

luvlit10 said...
luv it, so awesome

Lillian said...
Wow, I mean that almost made me cry. A great poem to put on a card when someone dies and send it to a griever.

Kayelee said...
That was excellent! You really have talent for poetry! The feelings expressed were very deep! I enjoyed it; keep up the good work!

KianS said...
Good job! I think this really shows that when someone dies, feeling sorry and mourning too long does not help. It shows that you should get on with your own life, and not waste it crying about something gone.

Zoe M. said...
The best line:
"The next time you arrive at a glass sea,
spill it boldly."
Loved this poem, every line was striking and the last few lines were the perfect punch.

KittKat1119 said...
Sept. 18, 2009 at 10:03 am
This poem is beautiful really like it

This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 18, 2009 at 9:21 am
That was very pretty.

Jyvon said...
Sept. 18, 2009 at 7:48 am
sorry this was my idiiotic friend trying to be funny this poem was actuallyreally enteraining and goo. 5/5

Breanna P. said...
YOU need to get a life!! :D

MoyruhJO This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 20, 2009 at 1:15 am
This is one of the best things I've ever read from someone in our age group. GREAT job :]

imagayfag replied...
Sept. 18, 2009 at 7:38 am
im sorry. what i ment was this poem is awesome. i love it with all my heart and i would marry this girl

relenanite said...
Amazing and Powerful. To me, as someone who's lost so many loved ones, this poem has aclear message -when someone you love dies, you can't live in denial or hold on to the pain. But also, you can't just forget. You have to let them live on inside you. Take everything your feeling, take all the memories and lessons that were a part of that person, and use them to learn, to make you stronger. To live life. When you lose someone you love, it hurts so much you feel lost. But if you let that... (more »)

Lonleydandy said...
Jun. 27, 2009 at 2:26 am
WOW. It was great. I have never read something like that, but I am glad that I came across it. What was your inspiration for that???? It must be something interesting.

Sophia S. said...
Jun. 17, 2009 at 4:03 am
I loved it! something totally different, unique, not something that is boring and original. and if i say it's not original- that's a compliment. :) keep up the good work!

palerthangrass said...
Jun. 15, 2009 at 12:14 am
Sincerely, this is *good.* I hope you keep writing poetry.