When I am Dead This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

When I am dead, my dearest, don’t stick my bones
together with Scotch tape. Do not try to fit them
underneath a frame. Use them, one by one,
as a weapon, a gavel. My bones,
they can be good back scratchers, honey mixers,
and hands of clocks.

You can toss them across space
and see how far they’ll glide until another hand
slips across it. When I am dead, dearest,
thread my bones to the top of a mountain.

The next time you arrive at a glass sea,
spill it boldly. Spell your life in two parts,
watch them float until they descend
like a weight down into that container.

SarahVS This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Way to rip off Christina Rossetti's famous line.

KaytiE replied...
Apr. 28, 2010 at 9:07 am

She did her line a favor!

This poem is AHH-MAZING!

Alisha62293 said...

this is writen so beautifully. You did an amazing job =D

please read some of my work, thanks.

WiseGirl said...
This is really good!

neimyne This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Chilling~ I especially liked "Use them, one by one, as a weapon, a gavel." There is a definite story behind your words, and your lines seem almost to reassure and comfort.

notebookgirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 29, 2010 at 7:51 am
Wow, amazing work keep wrtiting

BasketballChick5 replied...
i really this is was reallly good.

MCRlover2011 said...
Wow... thts really good...

wafflepawn said...
WWWOOOWWW!!!! "JiveTurkeyDude" how can you be so rude and stupid!!! this is probably one of the best poems I have read in the past five years. you arent looking past the text you have to read between the lines. maybe if you did that you wouldn't make such a fool out of yourself by saying "bones arent meant for weapons" i mean come on how foolish can you be!?!?! you are really rude and mean i do not appreciate you talking like this one bit!
PS. not nice!!!!!! >(

JiveTurkeyDude said...
Wow Trev. You know you agree with me.

STOP IT said...
Thats not very nice what your saying shes just an innocent young girl you jerk

JiveTurkeyDude said...
100% Agree with "TheDude" You people are crazy...bones should be burried not made into weapons. Honestly this is where our world is going if you find these things good...THATS SICK! HAVE A NICE BONE FREE DAY :)

KaytiE replied...
Apr. 28, 2010 at 9:09 am
Yoou needhelp, and need to realize what is in between the lines not just on the computer screen. This was a job weel done and it's an excellent expression of feeling.

evenlyodd replied...
agreed with Kaytie.. seriously tho.. no one care wht yew think turkey man..

rawrpiranha replied...
Jun. 25, 2010 at 10:44 am
wow "jiveturkeydude". you're rude. :D

Moonbeam13 said...
Mar. 17, 2010 at 6:07 am
This poem is awesome and don't listen to what all the negative people have to say in the world bout it cuz it really truly is awesome! could you look at my poems, i'm under moonbeam13? I really just want a review from one of the best poets since Edgar Allen Poe!

superswim_19 said...
Wow. that is very thought provoking, WOW!

Sunset replied...
Jun. 9, 2010 at 9:28 am
wow it really is strong and loud, your voice speaks clear and strong in this poem and it sounds like youwant to be heard... well i'm all ears:)

crisscross said...
ok i agree with sonnysuloff sher is right i love this poem poetry is about intensity and the the connection one has with it i love it word for word its true beauty and inspiation in its on wierd way haha but i love it

sonnysulouff This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I LOVE THIS POEM! i completely disagree with the people who say its too weird or intense. love that its open to interpretation. great job!

ZadaRox101 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is one of my favorite poems!! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!