When I am Dead This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

When I am dead, my dearest, don’t stick my bones
together with Scotch tape. Do not try to fit them
underneath a frame. Use them, one by one,
as a weapon, a gavel. My bones,
they can be good back scratchers, honey mixers,
and hands of clocks.

You can toss them across space
and see how far they’ll glide until another hand
slips across it. When I am dead, dearest,
thread my bones to the top of a mountain.

The next time you arrive at a glass sea,
spill it boldly. Spell your life in two parts,
watch them float until they descend
like a weight down into that container.

BrandalynBoothThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 12:50 pm:
I really love this. Beautiful job

dina8This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 18 at 8:27 pm:
Obsessed with this poem! Great job!

ReadobsesionThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 6 at 5:46 pm:
I think this is a beautiful poem. It has a lot of feeling and heart. If all your work is like this then you are a very, very great writer.

love_writingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 7 at 11:06 am:
This was really amazing!  I loved the eerie feel to it!

thezebrasgrayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 8 at 11:17 pm:
That was gorgeous and dripping with originality. Spectacular!

ChobaniLuvinPenguinThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
WOW!!!! I am truly speechless... That was amazing!!!! So beautiful! And the eerie tone made it more captivating and memorable! You are soooooo good! I'll be sure to check out more of your work!

Silence_ said...
That was Beautiful! :)

lizzyw77 said...
Right as I read the first line, I knew the reference to the original poem "song" with the lines "when I am dead, my dearest." I recently wrote one like that, maybe I will submit it as well!! :) 

sunnyandsugarThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is so hauntingly beautifull!!!!!!

jusc44 said...
Aug. 31, 2012 at 10:52 am:
This is really good, well done.

maximel This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is fantastic. Beautifully done. 

TaurusGal This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 1, 2012 at 2:54 pm:
Wow... I am speechless!!!!!!!!!! Bravo, masterpiece.  Very clear message and lively poem.

Lizla This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 21, 2012 at 5:38 pm:
I LOVE this! You've got an incredible gift!

Aoide said...
Apr. 1, 2012 at 10:22 am:
I love this! Most poems about death are depressing and overly morbid, but this is positive and has a very strong message about carrying on after loss. It's really unique, and I admire that. Please keep writing!

KaylaMarie3003 said...
Mar. 30, 2012 at 3:57 am:
i love this! my poems are about different things and touch you in different ways. yall should check them out :)

horsewriter4evrThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 18, 2012 at 12:58 pm:
amazing....just really amazing! 

MarbleJarble said...
Feb. 26, 2012 at 3:07 pm:
That was amazing! Really awesome. Thanks for that(: 

RosySea said...
Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:07 pm:
This is beautiful...I give it five stars!

NigomayNamikaze said...
Its to much for me but I can understand it! YOUR GOING TO MAKE ME THINK ABOUT THAT FOR A WEEK! I LIKE IT