I Got the Joy! This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I got the joy
to pop the corn
side the walk
swing the set
mock the bird
glow the worm
gas the light

To
break the fast
ice the box
stair the well
school the boys
bubble the gum
french the kiss

To
yellow the fever
treasure the chest
miracle the grow
marry the gold
night the mare

To
jump the jack and back again
I believe
I believe I got it … that joy!

LongLazyDays55 said...
Jul. 8, 2012 at 8:54 am
Sounds like a song. I like the way you've worded your poem. It's different and new, which is cool. Congrats on getting published in the magazine!

ToPonJahThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Wow! I really like this! Thank you for causing a happy little skip in my Oh-So heavy heart!

LCMyers13 said...

This is a great piece. Very original, rhythmic, and fun to read. That's what I always shoot for. Great job.

laurensoccer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love how original this piece is. It speaks volumes when an author has a totally unique voice and outlook. Keep writing!!!!

remembermeplz said...
trully amazing =)

deathdragon1240 said...
its so confuseing

Claydub said...
Amazing :)

Fia-fia said...

Hahaha I love this! It is so cheery! Thank you

:)

raindance72 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This was great! I loved it and never would have come up with something so clever and joyful. Hope you don't plan on leaving the writing world....you have big talent and huge potential!
I'd love it if anyone would take a look at my work, I'm dying for some new feedback (especially on "Helium Balloons")

raindance72 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Also I love the image you chose...just thought I'd add that! :)

ElleNicole said...
Nice job, would you mind checking out my pieces? Thanks if you do!

DakotaShadow replied...
jesus christ this is like the fifth beautiful poem ive clicked on to find you leeching off their success.

Genya This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 14, 2012 at 9:59 am
No, I think they're just tired of not having any feedback. This poem was well-written!

Theo L. said...
Dec. 1, 2011 at 3:44 am
Oh my gosh. It's like all the talented people are on this site, publishing their work. Your poetry is so amazing, deep, intresting. I love it! 

Dreammer said...
:D good poem please read and comment on mine

Emily100 replied...
I will as soon as I find it!

Dreammer replied...
Thanks alot :D

Myrtle25 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:19 am
I loved your imagery and unconventional style. I just thought "yellow the fever" seemed like a weird and negative image in contrast to all the other ones, which are about joy and dominance- it would make more sense if that line was either changed or removed.

Emily100 replied...
I agree I like the imaganation to

livelovesmile said...
Sept. 17, 2011 at 11:27 am

Very cute!

Please comment and rate my new poem "Safe On A Cloud"!! And some of my other poems, because I'm new to TeenInk: "Girl Next Door", "Captured by Reflections" and "Longing For Those Days" ! 

I would really appreciate it! Thanks!