Hardships | Teen Ink

Hardships

May 22, 2015
By HelainaRain BRONZE, Carlsbad, California
HelainaRain BRONZE, Carlsbad, California
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I laugh becasue I can

I cry because the emotions are too strong to hold on to 

And I scream because without it, there is total silence, and that's something that is sometime's unbearable.

My hardships, like everyone else's, are different.

They come and go like the wind pushing the chimes in my backyard, and sometimes make me fear what's around the next corner, or down the next rough path that this life graces me with. 

But I do not wish for my hardships to disperse.

I don't want them to be as clear as the air, because when I see them, I know that they pose as a mountain I have to climb.

The hardships that I encounter are put there to challenge me.

To make me think and learn new things, in new ways.

They ake me understand that not everything in this life is meant to be easy. And I know sometimes I need to be reminded of that.

Because I get too caught up in the moments and words and push everything away because "it's too difficult' or "I'm not strong enough". 

And as my thoughts become actions and I become what I am not, I wait for the next hardship to come along and tell me to be strong because I am.

I am strong.

I am whatever I want to be, and I can take on anything that comes my way.

To, 

Me