Slipping | Teen Ink

Slipping

By SierraSpears BRONZE, Lingle, Wyoming
SierraSpears BRONZE, Lingle, Wyoming

"Maybe there's something you're afraid to say, or someone your afraid to love, or somewhere you're afraid to go. It's gonna hurt. It's gonna hurt because it matters." - John Green

You slipped through my fingers

like a million little pieces of sand.

Vanishing into the mess of our past lives

and living in the unmetionable memories.

on May. 25 2015 at 2:46 am
ThePoeticJustice PLATINUM, Houston, Texas

Hold fast and keep your head up high for life will pass right by you like a speeding bird if you don't acknowledge it- Charles Moorer III (me)

I like it. This ends my promised 3 pieces XD Sorry it took so long, but I had forgotten. Anyways, about the piece: It's rather short, but I, with the capacity to take up an entire microsoft page for only a small piece of a vent, am not the one to talk. I like the little "bite" I get from the words, unmentionable memories was the part I felt it. Congrats, it's a great free-verse The justice has spoken

Consalvator BRONZE, South Jordan, Utah

"Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Great imagery! And the eloquence is something to envy.

SugarLover127 SILVER, Hartville, Ohio

Where is personal gain and perseverance without a couple failures?

What I love about your poems is how they express pain in such a beautiful language. You take the broken glass of a heart shattered and turn it into a cathedral's masterpiece. It's incredible!