What is love? | Teen Ink

What is love?

April 30, 2015
By Zoe Smith BRONZE, Atlanta, Georgia
Zoe Smith BRONZE, Atlanta, Georgia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

So love. Love seems difficult to me, not have experienced it myself, but I who really knows what love is? Is love a feeling? Is it tangible? The Buddhists say that if you really love someone you feel relaxed with that person, and calm.  In my mind I always thought that love gave you butterflies or you could feel a shock when you touched that one person you thought you loved.
What is love really? I think love comes in all shapes and forms.  I think when you love someone your love should be stronger than the love Tupac had for his bandannas or his nose ring. The love should be stronger than Jimi Hendrix and his headbands. The love should be stronger than Ms. Erykah Badu’s and her head wraps.
Love should be more than sexual attraction. It should be more than big breasts and wide hips. It should be based on that feeling you have with that person.  So, if you loved me…why do you?
We should all pay attention to the small things that make us smile about that person. Does his nose twitch when he’s concentrating? Do her ears heighten up when she’s laughing?
When you love someone other opinions shouldn't matter.
When you love someone you should help them achieve their goals.
So I ask again, what is love?