Confidence | Teen Ink

Confidence

April 16, 2015
By DanielRadcilffeFan18 SILVER, Marion, North Carolina
DanielRadcilffeFan18 SILVER, Marion, North Carolina
5 articles 0 photos 15 comments

Favorite Quote:
I'm not clumsy, I'm just accident prone.- Daniel Radcliffe


Confidence is key.
That is what mama always told me.
My definition is different from your’s.
Confidence for you is “ I hope they like me.”
While mine is “ I don’t care if they like me or not.”
Mothers and teachers have taught us that confidence is the key to success.
That is very true.
You need it to present that powerpoint you hated.
You need it to ask for napkins at a restaurant.
You needed it to talk to your now significant other.
I need it now to perform this poem.
By my looks you think, “Wow, that girl lacks confidence, she looks really beat.”
My confidence reassures me that I can leave the house care-free of what other people think.
While you focus all your confidence in your appearance, leaving out all the important things like your individually.
You dress like the rest because they would point and laugh at you if you didn’t.
I never hear beautiful  people say they have confidence.
They only brag of their clothes or the friends they have.
If I were to look like other girls and say I was comfortable with my body and mind, I would hear, “Awwww, I want girls everywhere to be that way.”
But if I were to say that in my current body and style people would have say “ Fat girls don’t need confidence.”
“ They never use it. “
“ How can you be comfortable being the size you are?”
Well, a**hole how could you make girls that are skinny, no how can you make every woman you have come into contact with, feel so uncomfortable when you mention their name or by saying     “Gee, you look like you’ve lost weight”?
Has it ever occurred to you that women might want to gain weight?
No, well that’s a surprise.
Yeah, some girls believe that when they become a size two, they’ll have the best body in the world.
But they must be on diet 24/7 to retain such size.
That would make me feel uncomfortable, watching what I eat ,how about you?
But hey, that’s just me.
Confidence is not caring about other people’s opinion.
Confidence is doing Beatnik day every week.
Confidence is daring to be different while everyone else is the same.
Everyone has it.
Ones who won’t admit to not having it are probably scared that they’ll end up like me.
For those who are like me, let’s rejoice to being lazy and leaving our houses looking crazy without a care in the world for what others think.


The author's comments:

This poem is about confidence and how people should not care about what others think.