eyes -personal excerpt- | Teen Ink

eyes -personal excerpt-

By ThePoeticJustice PLATINUM, Houston, Texas
ThePoeticJustice PLATINUM, Houston, Texas

Hold fast and keep your head up high for life will pass right by you like a speeding bird if you don't acknowledge it- Charles Moorer III (me)

eyes are the first thing I notice when I look at you, but that's not all I look at.

From your beatifully tamed strands of black hair, to the bottoms of your sneakers. However, your eyes are what captivate me the way they do.

Beautifully dark brown, round as diameter, staring through my soul the way they stare at open books dedicated to you, the novels of poetry made in your honor even before you were born.

Eyes

the cells that my heart is chained in.

Your eyes

the attention grabbing, free roaming palace where I intend to stay. Swimming in your eyes as if around a pool, and you know I stare, because you always look back.

I'm going to make the longer one later, but this is an excerpt of my poem. I hope  you enjoy it, and, yes, I am looking for comments on this one :)

L.J.Barnes. GOLD, Powhatan, Virginia

Avoid roasted cabbage, don't eat earwax and look on the bright side of life!
~Angela the Herbalist

Cj Very free verse. I think you dropped the beat again... Your idea is great and very beautiful... But by creating a better beat... would add the final ooph! Of a great poem..

Thank you lol glad you enjoyed it and thanks for reading ^.^

on Apr. 23 2015 at 10:19 am
WordReveler BRONZE, N/A, Washington
Great poem, I love the descriptive language you use; it's gripping! I think, judging by the excerpt, it's going to be an excellent poem. :)