red eyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

the lenses
on her glasses
are so thick, i wonder if
she wants me to see her red eyes.

Funne said...
Interesting use of surrealism in poetry

Allen. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you very much, Funne. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Blondie625 said...
This has so much emotion and power in such a small amount of lines; You are truly a talented writer. I look forward to hearing more from you!! ^_^

Thank you so much!! I'm glad you enjoy my poetry, and I'll be writing more in the future.

blue- said...
Jun. 3, 2015 at 11:24 am
I'm dumbstruck.

Amai-kun This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I hope that's a good thing! In which case, I'm glad you enjoyed this.

GreekGoddess said...
Wow, this is awesome! I think it might be better if you added capitalization but other than that I love it! Great job :)

Thank you very much, GreekGoddess. I have thought on previous occasions of using capitalization or punctuation, but I think this fits my style more. However, I'm really glad to hear your input. Thank you for your critique.

RobotPenn.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Niiiiice, Amai. Congrats! It's fantastic, as always. :)

I'm glad you like it, Robot, and thank you. I try.

Ray--yoThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 10, 2015 at 3:32 am
You did it again! Congratulations, and all the best. (Also, I think the poem looks better now, with the spaces removed.)

Thank you, Ray. I'm so happy to be in the magazine again, I've been twirling around for a few days in a row. I don't think I'm getting dizzy any time soon, though.

The_DoctorDonna said...
Congrats Amai!!! I just saw this got published! Well done!

Thank you very much, Donna. I'm fairly surprised myself, to be honest .////.

theblondechick This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 6, 2015 at 10:28 am
Simple but very raw. Good poem.

Thank you so much. I'm really happy you enjoyed it, and I'll do my best to publish more.

Mckay This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
sometimes simplicity is essential to writing a genuine, raw piece. simplicity creates something more authentic and memorable. well done, amai! congrats on the continuous achievement of editors' choices.

Thank you very much, Mckay. I actually just got in the magazine, and I'm somewhat astonished.

TheBlackCrow901 said...
this reminds me of a convo i had with me sister and father the other day, it is very well written!

I'm glad you were able to relate this to your life.