Poetry This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Lately, I’ve been too tired for poetry.

Too tired
to form words
and keep them,
boil them into rhymes
and press them into lyrics,
sing them from my heart or
scream into a megaphone that
nobody cares to put their ear to because
why would you want to be deafened?

The_DoctorDonna said...
I like it :) It's fun how you made a poem from not wanting to make poetry. The emotion is conveyed beautifully (I kept thinking about being too tired to write poetry myself.) Anyways, nice job Amai :)

Amai-kun This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 21, 2015 at 8:05 am
Thank you. Just keep writing and inspiration will pop out and hit you in the head (hopefully not painfully!)

Ginger__Snapp__ said...
I like how in the beginning it seems as though this was just a "refresh" on your personal life, but it turns into a beautiful poem about poetry. I love it...

Ishihara39 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you! It did actually begin as that, but I did my best to turn it around. I think it must have worked.

StarGazer9 said...
Why would you want to be deafened... wow. For me, poetry is often something that expresses the world and unsaid feelings that would otherwise never be spoken about. That last line, why would you want to be deafened... It means why would you want to listen to poetry that really gets you thinking and can be overwhelming with the conclusions you can come to? People don't like listening to the truth too often. At least that's what this poem meant to me. :) Wonderful job Amai-kun!

Mar. 8, 2015 at 4:58 am
Thank you, Star. I had a lot of emotions and intents for this poem, and I'm glad you were able to see one of them.

Ray--yoThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
The ending is really.. .. powerful. The length, and the line breaks, were awesome. As usual, it is amazing, definitely worthy of the editor's pick, Congratulations!

Mar. 8, 2015 at 4:48 am
Thank you, Ray! I hope some day I can be in one of the magazines with you (^u^).

Ray--yoThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 27, 2015 at 11:29 am
Some day is here for the third time, Amai. Congratulations!

MysticMusic This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is definitely relateable and well done. There's so much poetry where it's very meaningful and dazzling, and poets don't always produce poems like that. There's some great poetry, and for most people, a lot of not so good poetry before reaching that result, and keeping that result. I love this poem- you definitely have talent in this.

Thank you very much, Mystic. I suppose I'm actually not too tired!

BeautyWhispers replied...
Very good Amai!!! Describes your emotional feelings very well. Hopefully you get back on the poetry! Lol

Thank you, Beauty. I actually have two recent poems up and a third I'm going to edit and post soon on pro-ana, so don't worry :)