Family | Teen Ink

Family

February 20, 2015
By Hope_ BRONZE, San Antonio, Texas
Hope_ BRONZE, San Antonio, Texas
4 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Does my sexiness upset you -Maya Angelou


Family, what is family to you? Does the meaning fall between the lines of trust, loving, and caring? Because to me, those are the complete opposite of the meaning family. Distrust, hatred, and abandoned. To me, in my eyes, that is what I feel the real meaning is. I was 17 years old, for gods sake I'm still 17 years old. And out of all the people in the world god had to take my father away. Family and support was what I needed. Or at least it's what I thought I did. I mean I never got it, so I wouldn't actually know.The people that said they loved me, well they turned their backs on me. It's been 8 almost 9 months and have I gotten a call? We all know the answer to that is a no. They said they cared, but their true colors are showing. They didn't and I know that now. How could I trust them? I mean, they just left like I wasn't apart of their lives for 17 years. Now I look at the word family, It's nothing but a word. A word they may be defined differently by each person who reads it. And when I read It. It's nothing. I feel nothing.