Daja. | Teen Ink

Daja.

By ThePoeticJustice PLATINUM, Houston, Texas
ThePoeticJustice PLATINUM, Houston, Texas

Hold fast and keep your head up high for life will pass right by you like a speeding bird if you don't acknowledge it- Charles Moorer III (me)

I hear angels every time I enter the classroom.  They call from one place, always seeming to come from one particular individual.
The one of whom I would’ve given my heart to at that first moment’s notice.
She was beautiful in more ways than I think she realized, but I hope was well loved. Even though she was my crush, I never really got to know her much.
What I remember about her now is only a distant memory but one that’s cemented in my mind all too well for the archives of my cerebrum.
She was shy, maybe, or just didn’t have much she wanted to talk about. And her name rings in my ears still as I think of the “what ifs” of if she would’ve opened her heart to me, the rocking chair of the earth, eager for love yet slow for conflict.
I, of whom have been known now as poetic justice, she, the backbone of which I stand, boosted, yet she gets no credit, no credibility. I always stayed customarily in my place, wonting, wanting to show her the rare sight of specialness and sensibility that was on my heart.
But she wouldn’t speak to me.
Offer a yearbook picture. No
What about a friendly chat, what do I say? Why is my soul straining to accumulate the same personality that I yearn to show her? Why is it so complicated to talk to the one who stays her tongue and parses words to speak more than one word at speech?
But I respected that, for cinnamon tastes bitter without a mix of sugar .The sweetness she provided and the flavor I had. Yet no mix, the cinnamon stood alone but was still used in the kitchens of life in the sweets concocted by that of whom designed the vision.
Daja.
Black hair, almond skin, glasses made to fit her solemn eyes, and a soul whose presence blessed every room I entered that she was in. I admired her, and still do, for she  was her own center, off the grid yet advanced in every way.
A constant inspiration, I wrote my first published piece in honor of her.
Daja.
The ninth wonder of the world yet the first of such potency to me. She, the one of whom I would think of when I’d hear the word “Perfection”. Yet she spoke little to me.
Beautifully white smile, enchanting gaze of which sent chills up my spine as I matched. One could solve complex equations in her presence by just contemplating her shear brilliance. But she didn’t let herself flourish with the others.
And I respected that.
Lips as full as a child at a buffet, and she parted them little. I’d proved myself time and time again to be a fool in front of her and it shook my morale with every mistake I made.
When I hear her name I think of drake’s “From time” which symbolizes what state of mind I was in when around her.
A queen in the making and a princess by all standards, yet she noticed me little. This deep voice, awkward personality, and crafty word usage couldn’t ensnare her. She was set on her goals.
And I respected that.
But whatever happens in our human lives, I hope she finds all the happiness in the world that she deserves, for she deserves the maximum.
They call it a crush, but why? We were friends, wait, associates by societal standards, yet there was a feel there. Something that affected me even as my last days in her immediate area waned away.
Now I hear angels when I hear her name.
Daja.
The soul of the sphinx with the heart of a lion and the appeal of a peacock. She, the silence with which I was happy to have, the angel in the next seat, the beauty technically by my side.
Daja
The one with my eternal respect and admiration.

It's something that I can't really explain. I knew her, shy, sweet, calm, She took my heart by storm :) but we were good associates in the end. I was cool, still am, you know.

on Jun. 6 2015 at 12:34 am

thank you for the feedback and thx for reading. glad you enjoyed it XD

on Jun. 6 2015 at 12:32 am

absolutely lol and I was actually trying to display it as it in my mind, so that's cool XD thx for reading

alaina_h BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. -Audrey Hepburn

I really like the way that you describe her....I can almost see her in my mind. Still, I would work on the cadence. I didn't really feel like this was a poem as much as a written dialogue, which is fine....You're really talented. Once my poems get approved, I would love it if you could supply some feedback...

Allen. PLATINUM, Palo Alto, California

[i]No matter how much people try to put you down or make you think other things about yourself, the only person you can trust about who you really are is you[/i] -Crusher-P

I love the use of the words here and the repetition, so good job on that. Still, I think the rhythm and flow could use some work to make it more poetic. Right now, it fits prose a little more.

on May. 19 2015 at 11:47 am

thx for reading :)

on May. 19 2015 at 10:12 am
SugarLover127 SILVER, Hartville, Ohio

Where is personal gain and perseverance without a couple failures?

This is so beautiful! I like how you find relatability in what most would call "unrelatable". Paradox enchants me. =)

thank you very much for the advice :) I've tried to shorten several times, but when I shorten I tend to leave out much and generally express in length so that I can let it all out. I dont' know why, but that's just how my gift was given. Thanks for reading :D

NOIZTHIMS GOLD said...
NOIZTHIMS GOLD, South Jordan, Utah

"If your eyes could speak, what... what would they say?" -Max (from "The Book Thief")

I think you write very beautifully, and you have a lot to say and a very large understanding of the was which one might describe emotion. However, you can get carried away wordiness-wise sometimes, and it's not a bad thing but it makes people stop in the middle of your pieces and scroll down to see how much is left.. My suggestion would be to go through and edit down your pieces a bit before submitting. Again none of this in a bad way. And Also I would love to see you do another piece like this but with a little more of a poem format. Your words all sound like poetry that's trying to get out but just hasn't found a format quite yet.

thx XD glad you enjoyed it lol

Amara-rose GOLD, Pendleton, Indiana

Let go and live.

i love this and i just love the way im which you showcase your word its just wonderful keep writing