And then there was nothing | Teen Ink

And then there was nothing

By v.neff BRONZE, Monroe, North Carolina
v.neff BRONZE, Monroe, North Carolina

I walk.
I hardly feel like I am walking, more as though I am floating.
I don’t feel my feet hit the over-grown path in which I am walking on. I don’t feel the knee-high weeds brush my legs, that usually make me shudder. I don’t hear the leaves crunching below me, nor do I hear the birds that sing above. Those were all things I used to take notice in.
I don’t notice anything anymore.
My feet continue to float down this forgotten path, until my destination is visible. Although I see the end, my feet carry no faster.
I feel nothing when I arrive at the bridge. My mind is elsewhere.
I drag my lifeless feet along the aging boards of the bridge. No one has cared about this bridge in ages, we have something in common.
My toes are barely on the edge of the bridge. I lift my head up for the first time all day to see the view I had been waiting for. I admire the sun, at it’s beautiful mid-sky position.  I watch the water stream quickly down the small stream that the bridge overlooks. Most importantly, I admire the rocks directly beneath me.
My heart jumps for a moment.
I take a deep breath. I feel the warm post-spring air circle into my lungs. I ball my hands into fists. This is the moment I have been waiting for.
This is the moment I have been waiting for.
I feel my heart rate rise drastically. I feel my legs begin to go numb. I feel the shivering throughout my spine. This is the most I have felt in weeks.
I am finally ready. I let my toes push me off the side of the soft wood. For a brief second, I feel the air surround me as I plummet to my death.
And then there was nothing.

on Feb. 11 2015 at 8:04 am
ansem_unlimited PLATINUM, Frederick, Maryland

Thou may think of me as desired, to idolize or villanize me whichever you may choose. but gaze upon me and thou sall not see the husk of a man! for all my sins and all my bliss, i am anything but hollow
-Ansem_Unlimited

Good imagery, in this sense it is amazing, however if you aim for this to be a "poem" I'd recommend shaping it a bit, you know giving it a form, it makes it easier to recognize the flow of the passage. but aside from that I like it.

Ana143 GOLD said...
on Feb. 9 2015 at 10:07 am
Ana143 GOLD, Bolivar, Ohio

"Your always beautiful in my eyes"
"Be who you are not what someone else wants you to be"

Like I said, I really like this one. I have notest all your writing kinda go's together. All are sad but can hit close to home. All 3 of your poems I can show a relationship too in some way.