Being Admitted | Teen Ink

Being Admitted

February 3, 2015
By Gsword GOLD, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Gsword GOLD, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
18 articles 1 photo 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"In order to be smart you can't be too smart."


There is an old place, a scary place, a dark place, that lives on the corner of a land everyone knows. There use to be one on every corner, but now they are all invisible, or we want them to be invisible, but only visible to the normal eye. It was a popular place, a crazy place, a mad place only for the specialist of people, the specialist of people who believe in things, did things no one would dare to do today. Today that is a description of a hero, back then it was the description of a villain.But, oh if everyone saw this place, everyone would surely go, go to the place where you can dance and sing, do anything, write or read, do as you please, stand in corner, talk to anyone, anyone. The rooms were the best part filled with all sorts of comfort. If your were the most specialist of special, you'd get the first classroom, the most comfortable, the padded room. Filled with all kinds of goods, like padded walls, padded beds, white clothes, white, white, white. If you’d go there today, you’d meet the most extraordinary people.Like in the corner we have an example of Mr.Nash, who is very special indeed for his precise hearing of little voices telling him to do certain things. And Mr.Basiago who has been to Mars and back with the president, and lets not forget Anne Moberly and Eleanor Jourdain, the women who has been in a queens memories, and all of these are wonderful stories to listen to, but you can never  listen too and stay here for long. It is a great place to stay but hell to visit. If you are not too careful and visit here and talk a talk with the voices, or start to see the unseeable you, you’d be stuck there forever. It is like a blackhole here, once you go in, you can never get out. Because the people there, the awful people, will poke, you, strap you, beat you, sting you, pick and pat, and tie you up. You’d end up more mad then you already are. We all go there once in a while, to the mind. But we don’t go as often as we use to because the mind is a dark and scary place. And in this place the most extraordinary people live, don’t live there. But you never know, you could end up like alice, dr.lecter, sam, the joker, Mr.Wonka, gollum, Buffalo Bill, the doctor, Orin DDS, Dr.Brown, or Luna Lovegood, River Tam, annie wilks, Mr.Bates, or Jack if you really try. But if you ever visit this place in your mind, then your normalness goes bye bye. It is sad they don’t has as many as they did, because if they did, I know we’d all enjoy being admitted.