There Are to Many Tragedies to Dedicate This to | Teen Ink

There Are to Many Tragedies to Dedicate This to

January 17, 2015
By Maia-Irwin PLATINUM, Madras, Oregon
Maia-Irwin PLATINUM, Madras, Oregon
22 articles 2 photos 3 comments

This is for the kid that is out.

This is for the kid that has only told the people that follow their blog.

This is for the person that lifts their chin when they tell people.

This is for the person that whispers it.

This is for the gay girl in the woman's studies class listening to the instructor saying that not all feminists are hairy lesbians.

The kid that got kicked out.

The girl that burst into tears when her dad said he wasn't voting for that guy because he legalized gay marriage.

This is for the kid that doesn't believe in god anymore. The kid that struggles to make peace between faith and sexuality.

The kid that throws love thy neighbor back in peoples faces.

The boy that stares at dresses in stores.

The gay girl who has to keep telling everyone she's bi.

The kid that is facing hate on all fronts, not just this one.

The genderqueer kid who says something about it when those arent their pronouns. The  genderqueer kid that bites their lip and accepts it.

The kid who got asked if they have a preference and refused to say because they knew they were trying to make them gay or straight.

This is for the 50 year old closeted trans woman. The 80 year old who just found out that they were never broken.

The person who just wants to be what they've been told is normal.

The person that doesn't care.

The person that's still changing names to find a good fit.

The kid that's been called a special snowflake one to many times.

The person whos identity is never in the questionaire.

The kid that's just holding out for 18.

This is for the person that gets called immature because they never wanted a relationship like that.

The kid that feels like there's no way out.

This is for the person who gets asked if they're a girl or a boy.

The person who has who has to explain that bi and pan arent the same things.

This is for the kid who figured out what they were when they took a test.

This is for the kid that has known since they were 8.

The 45 year old who is still bringing their special friend to thanksgiving dinner. the 14 year old who told everyone the day they realized it.

This is for the flamboyantly gay man. This is for the gay man that has never sung show tunes in his life.

This is for the lipstick lesbian. This is for the dike.

This is for the sex repulsed asexual. This is for those that don't really mind it.

This is for me. This is for you.