Home Sweet Home This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

A thousand miles from
a place that’s supposed to be a “home”
when it’s just a house
sheltering four people
that have nothing in common
except some DNA.

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:18 am:
Wow...a place that's supposed to be home to a person is actually just a house holding four perfect strangers. The image we all have of a place called home is not true. It seems like an illusion.

raindance72 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

I liked this poem...liked it, but didn't love it. I think the topic is very meaningful, but it got lost a little in the way you wrote this.

I would say you could improve this a little. Don't weigh it down too much, but try to capture the emotions better and maybe don't go through it so quick.

Again, I do like this poem...I just think it could be tweaked.

Dreammer said...
Veary short it was good though veary straight forward look at my work if you'd like

dia.dreamer said...
Oct. 24, 2011 at 9:14 am:
I honestly did not find this as amazing or mindblowing as everyone else who commented here seems to...I mean, it was written a little too obviously, and the meaning is nice, I guess, but this poem could definitely have been written in a MUCH better way.

Cielo4ever replied...
Oct. 24, 2011 at 2:44 pm :
I agree...it wasn't super special but it was cool. Had you put more detail...I think your entire POINT may have been to be so straight up but i think anyone could have said that

bookthief This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Nov. 15, 2011 at 12:57 pm :
I think you could say that with a lot of art... what matters is that this author had the idea first, wrote it down first, and decided that this simplicity and clarity of style was more to his/her liking than something longer that a different writer might prefer.

dia.dreamer replied...
Nov. 21, 2011 at 8:59 am :
yeah, I completely get that, but it's not the length that matters to me, it's the way that the message is shown. when you use metaphors or a twisted useage of words, it shows how much thought you've put to it, and how much you've learnt from one thing. and I really like the simply style or writing, I write like that too sometimes, but it only works when the message is something only few people know. Then the simply style plays a huge role, and it hits home like nothing else.

dia.dreamer replied...
Nov. 21, 2011 at 9:01 am :
simple style* sorry for my typo.

Nov. 21, 2011 at 1:37 pm :
I totally agree... just saying that this author may have felt that this is all that's necessary. But i do understand what you're saying.

smilingtillinfinity said...
Oct. 9, 2011 at 9:16 am:
W.O.W
Thats all i have to say !

Shannon Y. said...
Sept. 10, 2011 at 7:07 am:
very good use of words for such a short poem! it's very relatable. love it!

hope95 said...
wow. i kno exactly wat u mean. i absolutely loved this.

dancer11srubin said...
Jul. 28, 2011 at 8:53 pm:
short and to the point. nice work :)

Rene_38 said...
Jul. 15, 2011 at 10:02 pm:
perfect. i feel this way sometimes about my house.

listening said...
May 23, 2011 at 10:08 am:
nice poem :)

beach said...
Mar. 12, 2011 at 3:47 pm:
 i love this poem. short, to the point, interesting

Apeggy said...
Feb. 2, 2011 at 10:36 am:
Short and sweet. Sometimes i feel the same at home but beyond words a home is still a home infrared with love.  This is a great piece! 

silentvocal replied...
Feb. 2, 2011 at 2:38 pm :
yea exactly-it's nice and short, and the idea behind it is so true-I'm sure most of us can relate to this feeling and the fact that often our home isn't all that special and there are other places that deserve such a name as home than the house or aptartment or neighborhood we live in.

Jessie-Mo said...
Jan. 8, 2011 at 11:45 am:
This poem is great. It is short, and gets to the point, and it really touched my heart. Sometimes I feel the way you do, and it can hurt. Continue writing, please.

DiamondsIntheGrass This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 1, 2010 at 10:42 am:
um.. well, i like the dry humor, but everyone is saying that there's this huge meaning, but i just can't find it. what is the message?