Humans | Teen Ink

Humans

January 1, 2015
By DarkTower GOLD, Littleton, Colorado
DarkTower GOLD, Littleton, Colorado
11 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"In a sentence you can establish an idea. In a paragraph you can form a topic. In a page you can create a voice. In a hundred pages you can visualize a story. In a book you can inspire a passion."


Humans
Humans possess one trait that places above the value
Than that of any other beast or spirit that roams the earth.
The basis, the foundation, of our race and existence.
Humans, fundamentally, can experience beautiful moments.

Humans can feel, and look at, and perhaps even understand
A beautiful grand greatness worth more than ourselves.
There are still some People who can have the courage to cast off their chains
To breathe, and to live alongside beauty and purpose.

I write these words with furrowed brow and tense expression.
For we cannot presume to be a part of this race greater than the norm,
But I do presume, for in necessity, to attempt to join their hallowed ranks.
For it is in this action that the human spirit does crawl out from its meager beginnings.

Men must endure themselves their simple inadequacies that refuse their purpose,
Because within these inexorable bonds must they find aspirations larger then themselves,
To search for beauty and create it.
Our purpose, our wont, is to perpetuate that which perpetuates itself; love.

It is within these written measures, these lines, that true beauty can be measured,
Human existence and spirit as it finds its place alongside this wondrous universe.
Here the purpose of things past and already finished, and those projects left undone, is visible.
Here, in this moment, caught in the grand juxtaposition that exists between time and infinity.

Around us in a spiral of cosmic and fundamental existence,
There acts a powerful play unlike any other this universe has ever seen.
And you act not as the audience nor as the actors on the stage,
But as the scene for them to be set behind, your actions playing the role.

This blinding darkness that shields us from the perfect truth must be cast off.
If we are to begin to discover the perfectly beautiful beauty then we must not falter.
It is within the bounds of the human mind and conscience to be.
But these beautiful moments fade in the morning light, and it is there that we must find them.


The author's comments:

Existence.