Insomnia | Teen Ink

Insomnia

By michelle98 SILVER, Bellevue, Nebraska
michelle98 SILVER, Bellevue, Nebraska

"Life is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get," Forest Gump

Went to bed at 7(pm) woke up at 11(pm). Its 3:42(am) now and no one wakes up until 8am. I wish time wouild move faster. Sitting on my bed, all dressed and ready for the day. Listening to the same tracks on repeat. Feels like the middle of the day. I'm wide awake. Lights on, door closed, radio up, my alarm hasn't even gone off yet. Sitting here writing as time passes by slowly. I could probably be a bit more productive but I don't want to be an interuption and disruption to others dreams. Anxiety, ADHD, depression at night is bad. Add in insomnia and you have it worse. Its 3:54(am) now and not a bad thought has crossed my mind. This is what its like every night. My mom calls me a night owl. Its usually a lot more emotional... is this an omen for the coming hours of the day? Four more hours of this. Will sleep find his way into my head? No, Sleep, my old friend, has betrayed me and threatens to torture me with the horrors of the night. Unconsiousness hasn't found its way into my room to save me from these terrors. The dragon of thoughts and fears gaurds me from this savior. The fairy godmother, my mind, casts a spell of banishment to all kinds of tiredness. Only a certain potion can save me from this. But my medicated dreams bring me no mercy. Tossing and turning to hidden fears. What will be my rescure? I am trapped in this tower of night.