Words of Yourself | Teen Ink

Words of Yourself

December 17, 2014
By Maurissalove BRONZE, Stockton, California
Maurissalove BRONZE, Stockton, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds" -Ritu Ghatourey


I've been hearing a lot from different people about how they think their existence is basic. Pointless. Useless. Irrelevant.
There should never be a moment when the cruelest words about you come from your own mouth.

 

They say that they want to feel alive and lovely. Beautiful and free.
They don't want to be high, but they're sick of feeling down
But how can you see your own beauty if you're only looking at the ground
And please tell me how you can find yourself if you're searching through everyone else's eyes?
You don't know who you are but believe me you won't find answers at the local bar, or in your ex's bed,
But honestly it's only at the bottom of your heart.


And I know it sounds cheesy but, I want you to experience yourself.

 

I'm begging for you to see if you don't not know your wealth

And your worth so much more than you put yourself up for.

 

What you don't understand is that you're made of constellations and there's star dust running through your veins.
You're made of the clouds and the oceans. And Every beautiful thing on this earth.
And I know it hurts and you're the kind of exhausted  that sleep can't fix,
But your existence is the least bit basic, the opposite of irrelevant.
You are a blessing in itself and your presence is a gift.
And yea life can be a drag but have you ever felt the sunlight on your skin and the wind through your hair?

 

 

Understand that your presence and your existence affects everyone surrounding you.  Whether you know it or not. So affect them positively..
Be a beautiful memory in every life. Be kind and compassionate.
Because at 2 am. Someone somewhere is looking at the same moon you are, dreaming of your presence.