in the bathroom This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

the bathtub is where we are most exposed

it’s the place where we walk naked and leave our clothes
on the floor
it’s the white room where we test our
singing voices against wet doors
where we draw in the foggy paint of steam
revealing pieces of ourselves rarely seen
lying vulnerable on our backs as the water massages us
we glean over our bodies, pretending
there exists sexiness

removing imperfections
releasing our flaws
against the hours down the drain
we fight these white walls
in which we contain
our secrets.

LilpolkanuggetThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I loved it! So relatable and honest!

TravelerenRoute This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:20 am
Yeah. I loved the part about the "singing voices" too. It is slightly humorous yet also very deep and very true. I really enjoyed reading the entire poem.

ToPonJah This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you so much ! I like to talk to people and hear what you think! I'm glad you like the whole thing! Hopefully i dont get any comments from anyone saying they only liked half! lol

BlueSiamese213 said...
Wow, this is very true and relatable... my favorite part was "test our singing voices"  : )

Thank you so much for your comment!!! It is really encouraging!!!! yeah i like that part too x3 because very few can help but sing when theyre alone especially when theirs really good aucoustics!