I Am Not Expendable | Teen Ink

I Am Not Expendable

November 19, 2014
By angelalucia GOLD, Milford, Massachusetts
angelalucia GOLD, Milford, Massachusetts
16 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I am this fiery snail crawling home"- Bukowski


Steve says happiness is a part of life? at least as much as sadness is-?    

hopefully-?            

he hasn’t quite figured that part out yet ?       

‘you have to try to work with the essence of moments,

?just something to capture’   ?

he says he’s been subscribed to being an absurdist like ?incongruity is the basis of himself as a whole ?           

‘I like to believe that I can see both sides to things       

and still care ?that I can laugh while I cry ?       

and have that be all right’
I want to know Steve until I die he is a galvanized guard rail ?    

not really getting damaged in sleet and hail anymore-?     

the damage is hardly noticeable he weathers storms like he knows when they’re ending ?and that is a quality I will always be envious of he says he has learned ? 

emotion usually isn’t just one feeling its usually all kinds of them?     they’re all important like ?         

key parts of staying insane in a world that wants you to make sense?    ‘do you know what I mean?’ ?       

essentially you should take all the things that make your hands shake ?   

and push them into secondary concerns like things you can say you’ll eventually get around to ?while your feet are on an ottoman and your hands behind your head ?  

you have to figure out how to enjoy awful situations ?      

mostly through highly developed senses of irony and I guess ?     just having fun?

while knowing you’re entirely lost
and until I met Steve I associated smoking cigarettes with people ?     that just didn’t care about themselves ?       

always flashing back to my mom telling seven year old me to hold my breath when leaving the grocery store and passing the smokers on break ?    

now I see it as some type of bravery like saying ?      

everything else in society is changing so much ?      

why the hell can’t smoke start belonging in lungs