Long Night

A long night awaits us

One that none has known before;

No one will come to save us..

In this bloody mess of war!

We will sit and wait..

Starve and think..

Hide ourselves beneath the hate;

Until we come to a brink

So 'till then hold on tight,

Never letting anything slip from sight;

Remember no one will come to save us...

Oh a long night awaits us.

MorganRF said...
May 1, 2015 at 9:14 am
Hi! My name is Morgan if you couldn't tell, and I'm a singer attempting to become a songwriter, too. I actually have my first song on here if you want to check it out. I really like this poem, and I admire the fact that you took inspiration from the NT.

BeilaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 4, 2015 at 1:41 am
Ooh, I have chills. I want a blanket to pull tighter around my shoulders; is that a shadow I see? ;) Seriously, this is marvelous. I'm really curious: what was your inspiration?

Mr.packerbear12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 5, 2015 at 9:54 am
The book of Revelation in the Bible inspired me:)

BeilaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Whoah, that was definitely not the kind of answer I expected to get on Teen Ink! I just literally laughed out loud! :D How so? I'm not familiar with any part of the New Testament, let alone the specific books.

To be clear... laughed in surprise, not with scorn. :)

Mar. 9, 2015 at 12:16 am
Why did that surprise you to get that answer on Teenink? Just curious lol. Well in Revelation it talks about the tribulation where believers will be persecuted for 3.5 years if they don't take the mark of the beast. And are you familiar with the Old Testament books? Do you happen to be Jewish?

Mar. 10, 2015 at 1:30 am
I guess I have not met too many passionately religious teens in my time, although that is likely related to the communities where we've lived. Guilty on both counts, Jewish and familiar. :) What's this mark of the beast business?

Well the passion does seem to be going away, sadly. Where have you lived? I've lived in Texas(3 times; was born there), Oklahoma, Illinois, California(twice), and Minnesota(twice and currently reside). So I've seen a lot of this country:p Just not the eastern part..but I do want to go to the east just to see what it's like. And Israel is on my bucket list of places to go to. My faith is pretty similar to Judiasm but at the same time still pretty different. I don't call myself a Christian but rat... (more »)

I've lived in suburbs of San Francisco and Seattle, both notably stereotyped as hippie, open-minded, eco-friendly, passionately liberal cities. That attitude doesn't always jive so well with the whole concept of organized religion. Israel is a must-see. I've been there twice, about a million times too few. :) So are you like J for J? Yes, that does sound like a Christianized version of some of the Biblical prophecies... To pursue the curiosity, whose perspective did you write from? I think it's ... (more »)

Mar. 11, 2015 at 11:15 am
I don't like San Fran..although I don't really like Cali at all lol. What's Oregon like? I've heard it's beautiful over there, although, one person I know said she didn't like it because of too many pine trees lol. What parts of Israel did you see? I want to help on a kibbutz like HaYovel or this other one I forgot the name of, I think it'd be really neat to help with the work of Israel. I have absolutely nothing to do with Jews for Jesus..in fact I'm against it. J for J basically says, "get rid... (more »)

Mar. 11, 2015 at 11:17 am
I don't like San Fran..although I don't really like Cali at all lol. What's Oregon like? I've heard it's beautiful over there, although, one person I know said she didn't like it because of too many pine trees lol. What parts of Israel did you see? I want to help on a kibbutz like HaYovel or this other one I forgot the name of, I think it'd be really neat to help with the work of Israel. I have absolutely nothing to do with J.ews(for some reason J.ews is censored) for Jesus..in fact I'm against ... (more »)

Sorry if I offended with the J for J comment; I definitely do not know much about their movement. I guess there are a lot of different perspectives on the Messiah, who he is and whether or not he's come yet, and I was trying to figure out where yours fit in. :) Okay, I think I misspoke/ failed to differentiate. By Biblical, I meant Old Testament, and by Christianized, I meant New Testament. :) You mentioned that the ideas are similar to the prophecies found in the books of Ezekiel, Isaiah, etc.,... (more »)

In response to the more personal stuff... I LOVE SAN FRANCISCO! I could be the poster girl of "I left my heart in SF." :) My family moved out to Seattle in Washington (not Oregon, but it doesn't actually matter unless you live in one of them and enjoy it... uggh) a few years ago, and I am so miserable here. I miss everything about California, even the aggressive drivers! :) Seattle is a beautiful city, very, very green year round, and in the summer, you feel like you're living inside a glitterin... (more »)

lovelylaura said...
Hi! I'm Laura! I'm a 17 year old girl and singer-songwriter. I really love this poem you have here! I also loved Dark Night

Feb. 18, 2015 at 12:12 am
Hi Laura, I'm Kevin:) I'm an 18 year old guy and poet(attempting)/pianist. Thanks for the kind words:)

Feeder said...
Tis' Great.

Feb. 18, 2015 at 12:11 am
Thank you!:)