The Nay-sayers | Teen Ink

The Nay-sayers

By Armadeus_Zoolitzer GOLD, Ratter Corner, Other
Armadeus_Zoolitzer GOLD, Ratter Corner, Other

"Arose by any other name is still the past tense of arise." Steve Patterson on CBC's The Debators "The devil's greatest trick was chopping the water into separate bathtubs. Then attaching claws to those bathtubs." Bob Schofield's The Inevitable June

Have fun through life
Enjoy and kid around
And be sure to ignore
The nay-sayers who put you down
For they can't understand
What they don't already know
So around and around
The nay-sayers go
Saying no

Nay-sayers are the ones
Who refuse to look like a fool
They work in high places
They make up the rules
In businesses, companies
Leading countries and men
To war never ending
Never seen again

They stick their nose up
To the slightest fun thing
They offer their voices
But refuse to sing
In their churches, choirs
They have families too
And as for the biggest nay-sayer
Well that could be you

Just wanted some place to put this.

on Oct. 14 2014 at 11:18 am
TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret" -Ambrose Bierce
" Be yourself! Everybody else is already taken ;)"
"Don't go where the path leads you. Go instead where there's no path and leave a trail ;)"-R.W.Emerson

Exactly! ^_^

It's great that this poem reached you! What I think everyone should take away from it is don't let anyone keep you from being who you are, or stop you from doing whatever it is you like to do.

on Oct. 13 2014 at 9:30 am
TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

Very true. It's a shame you know?! Because we are living among these kind of people and the saddest thing is that we're doing nothing to stop it or even fight it. In my English class, we mentioned this topic this last month and it really made me realize how blind we are. This darkness is consuming our world and it kills me to know that I am not in place where I can reach the highest and make a change. Like you said, the Nay-sayers are rulling the world and leading men into never ending war. War between brohers and sisters for Nothing actually. I may not have the power to do something to stop it but no one can ever change my mind in this fact. I will never give up fighting with the least I got even if it is only through my words because Words are the Strongest Weapon that everybody owns; right?! Sorry if I talked a lot lol :P It's just that your poem really got into me and left a deep impact. It was very inspiring and mostly it is a good Wake Up Call. So keep it up, you truly have a talent. Thank you for sharing this.