My memories. | Teen Ink

My memories.

October 4, 2014
By Nico956 BRONZE, San Juan, Texas
Nico956 BRONZE, San Juan, Texas
1 article 0 photos 23 comments

Being born into the struggle taught me to survive, growing up I have seen many people die. My eyes have seen things that No child shall ever see. The only way I know if I am alive is when I bleed. Walking home late at night I saw a man try to take his own cousins life, one bullet to the head luckly for him he didn't end up dead. I began to realize that even your family can take you out. My heart so cold I had no clue what it means to care, rasied to be a soilder of the streets I live and shall die fighting for what I was raised to believe, labled as a criminal before I could walk or talk. So that is what I began to believe. took me 7 years to change my ways and when I look back, I think what would have happened to me if I didn't change. I know what it feels like to be empty and cold what it feels like to have no home abandoned on the streets had a near death experiance and even that didn't change me, believe it or not what snapped me out of my ways was when someone showed me that they cared. that is when I began to feel and I never want to go back. My old me might say that feelings are for the weak, but feelings are what make me feel at peace. Feelings are what awoken a greater me.