Night | Teen Ink

Night

By Alej_ SILVER, Bradenton, Florida
Alej_ SILVER, Bradenton, Florida

I recently found myself closer to you, more than ever. I heard stories from others who say that you are frightening,mysterious... that you hide the unknown.

I recently found myself drawn to you because, the obscurity and mystery you hold under your mantle intrigues me. You inspire me like nothing ever has, your veil of darkness comforts. You are my home. I hear stories from others that say you are frightening. Every time I hear this, I cannot hold back from telling them how lovely you really are. You, are misunderstood and they just scared of you, but my lovely night, I understand you. I know you offer comfort, inspiration and love to those who dare to join you.

I write this in your company, my lovely night, so I can prove to those who are scared that, you are just as amazing as day. You are misunderstood my lovely night, but I understand you.

I wrote this piece when a friend of mine challenged me to expand on a vague topic, I chose to write about night. I do most of my writing during the night, so the poem reflects how I feel about 'night', and how without it I would not be the same. 

I hope there are people out there who feel, connect with or view nighttime as I do, and with this piece, explain our connection with nighttime.