You were | Teen Ink

You were

By _alexandravw SILVER, North Stonington, Connecticut
_alexandravw SILVER, North Stonington, Connecticut

Sometimes it's okay if the only thing you're doing is breathing.

You were everything good in the world. You were everything happy and bright. You were the sunshine peeking through the clouds after a storm. You were the rain- not the roaring, raging, flooding rain but the quiet drizzle. You were the calm and the peaceful. You were the smile on the bad days and the hug when it was needed the most. You were the dancing in the kitchen on a saturday morning when nobody was home. You were the deep dark secrets and the never broken promises. You were the flowers on the first day of spring, the first heat wave of the summer, the first leaf falling in autumn, the first damn snowflake of winter. You were a really good song that had just been discovered. You were the muscles when one was weak. You were the light in the darkness which swallowed whole. You were the silhoutte dancing on the walls and the nightmares that might have followed. You were long adventures in the woods with no destination and all of the new things that were discovered along the way. You were concerts and strobe lights and photographs and fires and good thoughts and everything I could have ever wanted. You were the one who would not let me fall. You were the sun and the moon and the wind and the rain you were the weak and the stong, the winning and the losing you were every bit of my life, my soul, my heart. You were consuming me and I never wanted you to stop. And now my lips are burning and my eyes are bloodshot and I am broken when I ask my doctor if it is possible to remove all traces of you from my veins, and she tells me no and hands me a pamphlet. I must seek some help before I end up overdosing on what you and I used to be. See, now I want to kill myself. I want to end my life but I will cry until I cannot breathe and let that satisfy me until I remember you all over again.

I am 100% in love with this. Keep writing. Never ever stop sugar!