You Love the Space I Don't Take Up | Teen Ink

You Love the Space I Don't Take Up

By Artisanna01 GOLD, Bedford, New York
Artisanna01 GOLD, Bedford, New York
17 articles 1 photo 1 comment

"I have been given the choice of playing God or leaving practically everything up to chance. It is my experience that practically everything is left up to chance much of the time; men who believe in good and evil, and who believe that good should win, should watch for those moments when it is possible to play God – we should seize those moments. There won’t be may."

Baby don’t tell me I’m beautiful because we both know you only love me when I’m thin so I won’t tell you I’m digging my own grave out of skipped meals and you can pretend you don’t love the negative space more than you could ever love this body that once filled it and when you hug me don’t tell me I’m wonderful because I know you can dance your fingers across the plane of skin suspended between my jutting hips and when you kiss me don’t tell me I’m sexy because we both know these are the lips of a drowned woman, my instrument of choice happened to be emptiness and the freezing cold that comes along with it so let us suspend ourselves here, tied together with these things unspoken and you can hold me close because there’s not much left to love anymore, you can feel my heartbeat fluttering in this rotting cage of my ribs as I smile so you don’t see that my shoulder-blades are razors to this paper skin and damn, baby, this hurts but maybe one day I’ll have wings.