Faces This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Yesterday was Sunday. The day I dress up
and smile at everyone. Listen to everyone’s
problems and hand out free compliments. I
sit still and pay attention to the choir.
The never-do-anything-wrong girl.

During the week, I dress down. I act
like my friends and laugh at the cost of others.
I hug someone, then go and tell my friends how
ugly that someone looks today.
The go-along, tag-along girl.

At home, I am what my parents want
me to be. I sit still at dinner, do my
homework, listen to the stories they
tell of their day. The super-special daddy’s girl.

All of these faces I have confuse me. I’m never
quite sure who I am at the time, Or if I am the
right person with the right people. Yesterday,
I was the got-it-all-together girl. Today I’m the
not-sure-of-anything girl.

Faye93 said...
Aug. 4, 2010 at 1:00 am:
this was really good, I could really relate to it.

TeresaJeanCunningham This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 22, 2010 at 12:06 am:
Normally someone two faced (or in this case three) is cast as the villian i love how you show that someone with many "faces" is still a person with a heart and soul who has troubles all their own.

LIKEwhoaa This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 22, 2010 at 10:08 am :

thankyou for commenting :)and i never thought of it like that, but youre right, the two faced person usually is the villain...

<3

peacemaker14 said...
Jul. 17, 2010 at 12:12 am:
wow! i can so relate that was very honest and open i loved it!

Jul. 22, 2010 at 10:07 am :

thankyou so much :)

i love your photograph, pot of flowers :) its really pretty. thankyou for commenting!

<3

peacemaker14 replied...
Jul. 22, 2010 at 6:47 pm :
no prob and thanx so much for checking out my work

ShenelleCrystalx3 said...
Jun. 29, 2010 at 6:21 pm:
wow ! omgosh , I can so relate ! very well written !!! keep it up :) please come and check out my work if you have a chance

Jul. 1, 2010 at 1:27 pm :

thankyou so much for commenting on my stuff :) i really appreciate it!

<3

pencilinmyhand This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 16, 2010 at 6:56 pm:
wow this is pretty ahmazingg. and dont worry(: everyone goes thro tht...i know exactly whatcha mean. its like u have so mays acts u have2 put on u forgot which ones actually u.

Jul. 1, 2010 at 1:27 pm :

<3

hayhay14 said...
Jun. 11, 2010 at 4:42 pm:
its good youve got talint and you ppl no were your comeing from becouse almost everyone go`s thro this

Jul. 1, 2010 at 1:27 pm :

<3

Squishy-SquishThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 28, 2010 at 12:47 pm:
→This is so beautiful. It's so true. I guess everyone goes through that stage in life.

Jul. 1, 2010 at 1:28 pm :

<3

sonnysulouff This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 13, 2010 at 4:02 pm:
This poem is so easy to relate to for SO many people, and the way you tell it is just beautiful. Thanks so much for letting me know that I'm not the only one who feels this way! :)

Jul. 1, 2010 at 1:28 pm :

<3

Courtnay said...
Feb. 22, 2010 at 11:45 pm:
I love this poem!!:) i liked how you wrote your poem so free and sure. Most likely this poem relates to me...of how everyday is in motion while we have so many emotions...overall, i completely loved this poem!!

Like*Whoa!!! This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 23, 2010 at 6:07 pm :
thankyou so much :))) i really didnt think this poem would relate to anyone but me when i wrote it but now i realize that everyone goes through this stuff so thankyou very much
<3

TheseBrownEyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 8, 2010 at 4:36 pm:
This is definitely how I live my life. I find myself confused a great deal on some days, most days just going through the motions of living a life. Amazing!

Jul. 1, 2010 at 1:29 pm :

<3