The Truth About How I Feel | Teen Ink

The Truth About How I Feel

July 25, 2014
By C.N.M. GOLD, Carteret, New Jersey
C.N.M. GOLD, Carteret, New Jersey
15 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel."











-Johnny Depp


Okay so, apparently love is blind, or maybe it's just me. Everyone saw it and said we had chemistry. For the past 11 years, you made it seem like you didn't like me at all. But you told your sister the truth and harder I decided to fall. They all saw the twinkle and now I'm starting to see the spark. You showed me the light when I thought it was dark. You make me smile with just one look. I feel like our friendship is the stereotypical romance book. Two best friends secretly love each other, everyone knows but the other. You hide your feelings so well, if only it was earlier I knew you fell. It would've been different, the answer would've been yes when Will asked me if we were together while I was wearing that pretty dress. We would've been different if only the answer was yes, I know for a fact our relationship would be a success. We were meant to be together, everyone knows it. When your hand is in mine, it is the perfect fit. All day I have been thinking about all the things I have been dreaming. It helped me notice things I didn't know before. For example, you are one person I know who sleeps but doesn't snore. It's one of the things I love about you. I just wish you showed your feelings too. I hate you for being a dude and I hate you for being you. I hate you for not sharing your feelings that are obviously true. I can't imagine a life without you, it just wouldn't be a life. One day I hope that we could become husband and wife. Every time I do something I always make sure it doesn't result in losing you. You're my best friend and I love you. I want to tell you how I feel but I'm afraid you'll roll away like a wheel. We have a bond that not even your best friend can break. If it ever does, I'll stab myself in the heart with a stake. We grew up together, been friends since we were babies. You're the only one who knows I'm crazy on the daily.


The author's comments:
I started having strong feelings for my best friend. His sister said he felt the same way but he wasn't showing it.