Hard Life | Teen Ink

Hard Life

By TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other
TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret" -Ambrose Bierce
" Be yourself! Everybody else is already taken ;)"
"Don't go where the path leads you. Go instead where there's no path and leave a trail ;)"-R.W.Emerson

I've been sitting here this whole time.
Crying, being pathetic and pessimistic.
"That's just the way it goes. Sometimes life takes years from us" You said.
All of a sudden you've opened up my eyes.
"How could I've been so selfish?"
Noc standing in a crowd.
When I look around all I can see is
An innocent person fighting for every breath.
A family forced to move out of the house, becoming homeless.
Children working hard to gain money and help their parents.
Little kids who don't even know what a TOY is !!!
People who don't remember what it feels like to laugh or smile.
"How could I be so selfish?!"
All this time thinking in poor me :(
Abour how my life is going wrong
I got no right to complain
There are people out there in greater need than me
Yeah it's a hard life!
But I'm OKAY!
I have a home, a family who loves me and I have lots of friends.
Yeah I have a hard life!
If I didn't, I wouldn't be who I am today.
If I didn't how can I even recognize the happy moments and appreciate them?!
Yeah I have a hard life!
But in some ways
Everybody DOES.

The very first poem I wrote and that my teacher liked a lot.
So I dedicate this to him
"My older version of Me ^_^"
He made me see things clearly and thanks to him, that's how I see my life right now.

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

Thank you so much RyanM. I'm so sorry I didn't notice your comment sooner. I'm just glad you agree with me. and as you said thanks to the clarity moment and the two people who helped me through, it is actually how I see the world today So thanks again so much for the support ^_^

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

Thanks so much lol That's what I was planning for actually "Keep writing poems" It's kind of my dream to become famous so I can reach people's hearts and BE HEARD. May be in some way Make a change in this world. So thanks again for the feedback ^_^

Mikky_Ekko13 SILVER, Osseo, Minnesota

"People may hate you for being different and not living by society's standards, but deep down, they wish they had the courage to do the same."

Oh my gosh, this poem hit my honey nut feelios. Like, it's so true. I love this poem, keep writting poems! Don't stop :D

on Aug. 1 2014 at 3:44 am
RyanM. PLATINUM, Klamath Falls, Oregon

"Those who deny the darkness in their hearts, are the ones who fall deeper into it."

OH MY GOSH COMET! I love this poem. I really do. Like, I'm being really serious. It's my favorite out of all of yours. Thanks for the clarity moment you had to be able to write this. I'm glad you see the world with open eyes.

Kaydie PLATINUM, Uyo, Other

"There are all these ideas about what is perfect and what is beautifu land what is smart,but the most appealing thing is,that which is me is nobody else"

-Jennifer Lopez

Yes,life z generally hard.....bcoz t z lyf.....nt even d wealthy,hav an easy lyf

Princess.Renda GOLD, Travelers Rest, South Carolina

"All the world is made of faith, trust, and pixie dust." --J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan

Holy mercy this poem is fantastic!! Its hard to believe this is your first poem, its too good! I love when you talk about how bad the world can be, but that your own life is amazing because of family and friends. Your writing is amazing! Defiynatly 5 star work!

CreativeFreakkk DIAMOND, Spencer, Iowa

Stand up for what you believe in even if it means standing alone. -Andy Biersack
Sometimes you gotta fall before you can fly. -Kellin Quinn
You made me hate my own reflection. -Sleeping With Sirens

I like the way you incorporated so much dialouge.

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

Thanks! I really appreciate that. By the way I'm reading your series of The Girl With Ivy Arms and i love it already. It's awesome! Thanks again Liv.Harris ^_^

Olivia-Atlet ELITE, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri

"To these the past hath its phantoms,
More real than solid earth;
And to these death does not mean decay,
But only another birth"
- Isabella Banks

I love how you started this with a little bit of dialogue, I haven't seen that before, and I really liked it. I loved the meaning behind this piece as well, and the descriptions you used were vivid and powerful! Great job! :)

Miss_Orange SILVER, Makati, Other

"I'm OK, I'm Fine and I'm alright are the greatest lies people tell each other everyday." By Me.

yes, Comet, I believe you are right when you say that everybody's life is hard in their own ways. 5/5 for this!

HayatC. PLATINUM, Louisville, Kentucky

"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."

The last stanza really resonated with me, this is amazing and carries such a crucial and often neglected lesson. We should always strive to be grateful, thank you for sharing this! 5/5

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

It is my pleasure moderndayEmilyDickinson. Passing through some hard times, we tend to be selfish and think we're the unluckiest ones in the world while at this very moment of our life, all we need to do is open up our eyes and look around us. The world is full of injustice. There are people out there in greater ,need than us. Thanks again for supporting my work

EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

TheComet! I love it!^_^ everyone's life is hard in some ways,  but life isn't impossible. It's possible. You're did something to me, it heped me. To be honest, a few mins ago, I was siitting down feeling sorry for myself, when I started reading your poem. And I realize, I've been selfish allweek. I've had a hard life, but there are other who have had a harder life, and also, I woudn't be who I am and I am today, if not for my hard life. Thank you, for sharing this and helping me. ^_^