My Mistake

These eyes tell lies.
Hope blinds me in the presence of you;
It fills me,
Until I can no longer
Accurately see.
Yes, you hid behind the hope
I so gratefully drank.
I laid my trust by your feet,
Naively, Ignorantly, Stupidly.

Big mistake.

moderndayEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 12:24 am:
I acn connect. I have done this to someone I had trusted so much, and might still be doing, but I can't help but do it. Because I love that person so much, and I don't mean loving romantically. The person is one of my parents, my parents are divorced. I loev this. You are such a talented person and writer, that you leave me in awe. Thank you for sharing this!

Midnight5765This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 6 at 6:51 pm:
Different, you made me think of several eyes that look sweet but are actually devious. My favorite part was the last five words.

Liv.HarrisThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 30 at 7:47 pm:
so emotional and relevant! I absolutely love the ending you added it was so powerful!   o^_^o

Luv4EverThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 24 at 5:00 pm:
I love the display of emotion by this piece!!!

_Zavery_This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 24 at 9:52 am:
This is short but descriptive and effectively portrays a big message. I really like this poem, great work!