It Happened Before and It Will Again | Teen Ink

It Happened Before and It Will Again

By CharLu BRONZE, Sugar Land, Texas
CharLu BRONZE, Sugar Land, Texas

because you know it's just one of those things like the time you thought your friend would be just as excited as you are about a TV show you recommended but you could not be any more wrong or like that day you were finally going to the zoo with your parents but it rained and closed were all the exhibits closed also were the hopes you had just you wait it won't happen just a few times it will periodically strike you as a relentless thunder where will you run to, silly girl? who can you blame but yourself for choosing to do such an unwise thing as "hoping" do not waste time to envision or fantasize don't do such ridiculous things for you already know the turnout even if you want to doubt the darkness torments you and you know it the light glows weakly, that speck, the origin of all hatred and disgust and yet you fall on your knees, surrender to it each time and the ones who think like you thus encourage you they say "you never know. it can change. just have faith." all incantations of misery out to put away your securities cast away your protective barrier at this point where can you turn? you have already succumbed unknowingly so you follow through and meet the ever-familiar ending chosen by the same author throughout your life let's have a toast to another winning conclusion a prize for your opponent, your adversary "someday you will overcome" another evil incantation False, All of it False

Although pessimistic, most of life is spent on the hopes being built and ultimately crushed. The truth though harsh, still remains itself.