Why is 'Why' So Hard to Answer?

I asked my Mother why I couldn’t see the light.
She said she couldn’t answer me now, and then she said goodnight.

I asked my Father why nothing I saw was happy anymore.
He turned away slowly, and then he closed the door.

I wanted to know why the sun didn’t shine, but no one had a clue.
My Sister wondered why last night, her sky was no longer blue.
I thought for a while and told her of what I knew.
Unfortunately though, that was my question too.

Luv4EverThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 25 at 8:50 am:
luv luv luv it! but ur rythm is slightly off because of the number of syllables so just try to take out unnecessary words where u can <3

DragonAmericaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 25 at 9:55 am :
Thanks for the feedback! XD

ImmortalRoseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 22 at 4:41 pm:
this is pretty incredible but seems slightly... forced. However I still like it a lot.

May 24 at 10:33 pm :
thank you! I was just wondering where you thought it was forced so I can improve. Thank you! XD

JRayeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 22 at 4:33 pm:
Really great! I've been feeling like this a lot lately. It's got such an innocent voice to it, it flowed great - I love it! :)

May 24 at 10:33 pm :
Thank you! XD

Stronger_than said...
May 21 at 6:16 pm:
I honestly love it :D

May 22 at 4:10 pm :
Thank you for the comment! CX

Nella.Girl97This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 21 at 6:02 pm:
Very well written! I like the topic and way it is displayed! And I love how u wrote about hte question everyone asks about everything...why?

May 21 at 6:04 pm :
Thank you @Nella

May 22 at 4:10 pm :
I appreciate the feedback! CX

devanshshah0210 said...
May 21 at 6:01 pm:
The poem is really nice and it is on a philosophical aspect so yeah it's good and rhyming

May 21 at 6:02 pm :
Thank You @Devan! CX

May 22 at 7:24 am :
Thanks! CX

Shade3043This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 18 at 10:58 pm:
I like it. A few lines that I've seen in many poems that are overused, heck, even I use them. Lines like "See the light" and "sun didn't shine" are used a BUNCH in poetry. I even use them, but use them a bit less in your poetry. Just a tip. A bit predictable in the end rhyming...... but nothing else is glaringly wrong. I like it. I feel like the imagery was fantastic. Good job. 4/5

May 19 at 3:51 pm :
Thanks Shade! XD  

Hanban12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 18 at 3:04 pm:
A wonderful poem... I like how you include all members of a family, it really shows how many people don't know the answer to the question "why?" Great job, You have amazing talent :)

May 18 at 3:06 pm :
Thank you for the input, I really appreciate it1 XD

.AzureThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 18 at 2:46 pm:
A few grammatiical errors here and there.. But the humble message profoundly written, Keep up the great work! =D

May 18 at 2:47 pm :
Thank you! CX