Why is 'Why' So Hard to Answer?

I asked my Mother why I couldn’t see the light.
She said she couldn’t answer me now, and then she said goodnight.

I asked my Father why nothing I saw was happy anymore.
He turned away slowly, and then he closed the door.

I wanted to know why the sun didn’t shine, but no one had a clue.
My Sister wondered why last night, her sky was no longer blue.
I thought for a while and told her of what I knew.
Unfortunately though, that was my question too.

DragonAmericaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 26 at 9:03 am
Just wanted to thank everyone who's commented! I really appreciate your feedback! XD

CNBono17This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 26 at 8:26 am
very thought-provoking. makes you wonder why, and hits home because everyone's asked that at some point. Keep it up!

DragonAmericaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 26 at 8:53 am
Thank you! XD

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 25 at 11:12 pm
I think that this is a really great poem that a lot of people can connect to. Really balanced the whole way through with the rhyme scheme, and overall it's really thought provoking :)

May 26 at 8:53 am
Thank you  @jade ! CX

May 26 at 8:54 am
I appreicate it! XD

ashlynn17This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 25 at 10:08 pm
I like this. It has a nice flow and does have a question I am sure everyone has asked once. 'Why?'

May 25 at 10:09 pm
Thank You! XD

Nimbis said...
May 25 at 9:58 pm
I love the rhyme scheme, doesn't stand out too far to distract the reader but enough to capture us. Very thoughtful, well written c:

May 25 at 9:59 pm
Thank You! XD

Kiwis.Odd.Chance said...
May 25 at 9:37 pm
wow this poem really made me think for a while. thought-provoking!

May 25 at 9:57 pm
I'm glad! XD

_Zavery_This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 25 at 9:35 pm
Woah that ending hit me hard. I genuinely think this poem is very beautiful, good work!

May 25 at 9:56 pm
thx! XD   

Psychedelik said...
May 25 at 3:17 pm
This is really good!  Though-provoking and well written!

May 25 at 3:55 pm
Thanks! CX

i_am_lord_troldemort said...
May 25 at 2:08 pm
Love the concept!  It's really flowy and sweet sounding.  

May 25 at 3:55 pm
Thank u! XD

flyyyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 25 at 10:34 am
Amazing. You're a very good writer... I loveds it.

May 25 at 10:39 am
Thank u! XD