Motes of Color

"What is a rainbow?
-I have not seen."
Bewildered, as the words
Evaporated
From her sandy lips.

"Delightful crystal motes
of color," said I.
"They celebrate in the
ending ceremony
of a pleasurable shower.
Hand-in-hand they arch across
the blue, a dainty bridge
in the clouds."

I didn't know if she grasped
my vision

I smiled.

Her wide eyes steered away.
She looked up at the African sky,

I think she saw...

AzureBlueThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 5:51 am
@Mavis808 :O

Armadeus_ZoolitzerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 29 at 3:48 pm
This poem creates a feeling of peace and reminds us that even in this rushed and hectic life it is important to take some time and marvel at something as seemingly simple as an act of nature which; if you think about it; really is a thing to behold.   This poem features vivid imagery mixed with a strong and clear presence of voice that doesn't distract- if anything it adds- to the story being told and the scene created. You have such a talent for taking what could be such a dull pic... (more »)

AzureBlueThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Nov. 1 at 4:00 am
Thank you! I am throughly encouraged by this comment, thank you for your kind words. :D ♥ ♥ ♥

moderndayEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 29 at 5:48 pm
This is absolutely beautiful. Very breath-taking. ^_^ I love it. You're very descritptive in it, and I like that. All in all, al I can say is that you're a wonderful writer and person. You have a lot of talent! Thank you for sharing this! ^_^

Nov. 1 at 4:01 am
Aww, you're amazing! Thanks so much, Emily! :3 ♥ ♥  ♥

Gangsta said...
Aug. 24 at 10:11 am
Felt like I got dropped in the hood and the blood was different colors... man it makes me miss my homies. Oh lovely story btw.

Oct. 30 at 1:11 pm
..Do I know you? O_O Thanks, by the way! :D

DarkOne411 said...
May 18 at 2:59 pm
this was a new experience of style for me

Nov. 1 at 4:02 am
Hope you like it..? :)    Thanks for commenting. :D

DragonAmericaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 18 at 2:39 pm
Love it! XD

Nov. 1 at 4:02 am
Glad you do! :D ♥