Motes of Color

"What is a rainbow?
-I have not seen."
Bewildered, as the words
Evaporated
From her sandy lips.

"Delightful crystal motes
of color," said I.
"They celebrate in the
ending ceremony
of a pleasurable shower.
Hand-in-hand they arch across
the blue, a dainty bridge
in the clouds."

I didn't know if she grasped
my vision

I smiled.

Her wide eyes steered away.
She looked up at the African sky,

I think she saw...

Amai-kunThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 7:40 am
I like this poem very much. I think if there were something to improve, it would be the word choice and flow. The word choice at times can get too complex for the poem to flow properly, and I think you should just use the words that come to mind. I have great faith in you.

AzureBlueThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 18, 2014 at 5:51 am
@Mavis808 :O

Mavis808This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 12 at 6:36 pm
rawr. lol man. your poetry- 2Gud4Me

Armadeus_ZoolitzerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This poem creates a feeling of peace and reminds us that even in this rushed and hectic life it is important to take some time and marvel at something as seemingly simple as an act of nature which; if you think about it; really is a thing to behold.   This poem features vivid imagery mixed with a strong and clear presence of voice that doesn't distract- if anything it adds- to the story being told and the scene created. You have such a talent for taking what could be such a dull pic... (more »)

AzureBlueThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Nov. 1, 2014 at 4:00 am
Thank you! I am throughly encouraged by this comment, thank you for your kind words. :D ♥ ♥ ♥

moderndayEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is absolutely beautiful. Very breath-taking. ^_^ I love it. You're very descritptive in it, and I like that. All in all, al I can say is that you're a wonderful writer and person. You have a lot of talent! Thank you for sharing this! ^_^

Nov. 1, 2014 at 4:01 am
Aww, you're amazing! Thanks so much, Emily! :3 ♥ ♥  ♥

Gangsta said...
Aug. 24, 2014 at 10:11 am
Felt like I got dropped in the hood and the blood was different colors... man it makes me miss my homies. Oh lovely story btw.

..Do I know you? O_O Thanks, by the way! :D

DarkOne411 said...
this was a new experience of style for me

Nov. 1, 2014 at 4:02 am
Hope you like it..? :)    Thanks for commenting. :D

DragonAmericaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Love it! XD

Nov. 1, 2014 at 4:02 am
Glad you do! :D ♥