showers of life | Teen Ink

showers of life

By Popcornjazz SILVER, Gahana, Ohio
Popcornjazz SILVER, Gahana, Ohio

Live life while you can

The tip of my pencil swirling on ancient paper. As I stare into the sky wondering..what next...where do I go now. I look into a meadow of wheat thinking about bread. And how it breaks into pieces of crumds flying away to another world. A world full of excitement...a world full of wonders. Air flows through my hair. As the skies turn dark...and the world is silent. So silent you can hear...death. You can hear it creeping down the walls and scratching the hard wood on the doors. I see something but I don't know...what it is. As the world stands still in the darkness, I think about love and light. All of a sudden, a burst of fire and a bright light coming down to shine on us and give us life,to live,to explore new things. I hear a dog from a distance,worshiping the light and thanking God that the darkness is over. For the beginning a new world to live in.

on Jun. 29 2014 at 2:59 pm
Olivia-Atlet ELITE, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri

"To these the past hath its phantoms,
More real than solid earth;
And to these death does not mean decay,
But only another birth"
- Isabella Banks

This is amazing!!!! Please keep writing! I love the deep meaning you used int his! XD

on Jun. 25 2014 at 2:41 pm
TevyRae PLATINUM, Pittsfield, Pennsylvania

"Here is a small fact: You are going to die." ~The Book Thief
"You have no stupidity inside of your adorable little self." ~Mikey Pasterik

Oh my! i love this so much! i usually prefer that all poetry be written grammatically correct. However, since this is the poetry of one's thoughts it seems only fitting that it be written in this state. This is beautifully written and absolutely inspiring. I love it so much. Awesome Job!

Paris1997 GOLD said...
on Jun. 25 2014 at 12:46 pm
Paris1997 GOLD, Lakeside, California

The power of imagination makes us infinite. -John Muir

Love this!