Letter to the Unlucky This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. This work has won the Teen Ink contest in its category.

If you are the one to bury me, if I am lucky enough to spend my last moments knowing your heart is the one still trailing Earth's quiet curvature, bury me as you have done everything else for me, gently and sweetly. I don't want to be a cloud of barren dust falling to ruin on the coffee table – I want to sleep with the trees and feel their warm roots overtaking me, and I want them to curl around my ears and my arms and however else they wish, because it won't matter to me anymore. Don't mark my patch of land with any tombstone – I want to be quiet, in death as in life. Let good and evil reign above me, for I am but one flash across this Earth. Don't think about me or what I'm doing, for I will surely never leave you (never worry, dear, I am closer to you now than I ever was before). I am not only around you but also inside you, threading warm wings throughout you until you come home.

This work has won the Teen Ink contest in its category. This piece won the September 2014 Teen Ink Poetry Contest.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
It reminds me of Christina Rossetti's sonnet "Remember".  There's the same sense of optimism. But at the same time, it's imbued with this sense of feeling insignificant, like as if the speaker deems him-/herself of not being recognized after death, since as you say in the poem "I am but one flash across this Earth". And yet there's also a sense of bondness. As if Death brings us closer to our loved one: closer than how Life ever does. Executed perfectly. 5/5

Miss_Orange said...
I think this is really good, The editor was right by considering it as an exceptional peice.